top under header

Saturday, 26 March 2016

Swatch and Review: Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Shine Lipstick (130 Innocent)


I recently treated myself to a new lippy from Estee Lauder. It is from the Pure Colour Envy Shine range and I got shade 130 'Innocent'. Firstly, I just love the colour. On my lips, it is a sort of coral-nude shade which will be a beautiful everyday sort of shade during Spring and Summer.

Secondly, I love the packaging. Estee Lauder is obviously not the cheapest of brands but the case feels expensive, which makes it feel like a lovely treat. It has a nice weight to it and the cap has a very satisfying magnetised click when you're closing it. The navy and gold case is also really classy looking in my opinion.

Thirdly, I love the texture of this lipstick. It is super creamy and very pigmented so you don't need a lot at all. Lipsticks with a more shiny finish are often very sheer but that isn't the case here. It has a nice shine to it on the lips without being overly glossy. I feel like my lips look a bit more plump and it seems to glide over the lines in your lips and smooth them out. It isn't at all drying on my lips and keeps them feeling moisturised if anything. Estee Lauder do claim that their 'time release moisture complex helps capture and seal in hydration'. 


The lipstick seems to last a couple of hours on me when worn on its own, which is fine by me. I wouldn't expect it to last all day when it is such a creamy texture. You could wear a lip liner for longer lasting colour but personally I don't really like the look of lip liner on me day to day. I really only use them for evenings out or if I'm wearing a bold shade.

I can't say enough good things about this lipstick, it really is good quality which makes the higher price point a bit more worth it. I find with some higher end lipsticks that they're really not much better than much cheaper ones but this feels like a little bit of luxury. I'd love to try another shade and the original Pure Color Envy lipsticks, too.

You can find the Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Shine lipsticks via Boots here, Feel Unique here (with free P&P) or anywhere else that stocks Estee Lauder.

Have you tried these lipsticks? What do you think?

Em x