top under header

Sunday, 6 March 2016

February Beauty Favourites


Before I start, I will say that I have still been enjoying using the things I mentioned in my January Beauty Favourites. I won't go over those again but here are the other bits I've particularly been enjoying...

GOSH Velvet Touch Primer and Setting Powder isn't something I particularly enjoyed when I bought it because I tried using it as a primer and wasn't keen (interesting concept to use a powder as a primer but it didn't do much for me). Most days I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder to set my foundation but I find that it's so matte that if I use it to set my under eye concealer, it is a bit too dry and emphasizes lines (I have lines under my eyes that are part of my eye shape and have always been there rather than being age related). I went through a couple of pots of the Bourjois Rice Powder for that purpose but I caught sight of myself in sunlight a couple of weeks back and it looked a little shimmery/ sparkly. So I pulled the GOSH one out in the hopes it would work well for setting concealer and yes it does! It sets everything and makes my under eye area look nice and smooth. Find it via Superdrug here.

Stila Smudge Stick Eye Liners in Damsel and Gilded didn't leave my everyday makeup bag in February. I just love the formula and shades. The liners are super smooth and smudgeable/ blendable but set down to a long lasting finish. Damsel is the perfect dark brown that is my preferred shade for lining my upper lash liner. Unfortunately, Stila only seem to sell this shade in sets and not on its own (please sort it out, Stila!). Gilded is a gorgeous gold/ bronze shade that I love to use underneath my eye and blend out with a pencil brush for some very subtle definition. This one's a permanent shade that you can find on the Stila website here.

I did mention Makeup Geek Shadows last month but I have since been back and bought more shades so I now have 9 in a small Z palette. I am just as impressed with the rest of the shades as the first four I bought (see my full review here).

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is something I picked up a couple of months ago but I like to give skincare a good test before I mention it on the blog. I have been enjoying using this as a night time moisturiser since I have skin that is on the oily side and can be prone to blemishes. I don't use it every night because I vary my night time routine slightly depending on how my skin is feeling but I think this is a great product for if you are feeling a bit spotty or for helping to keep skin clear in general. For me, it is moisturising enough that I can use this without a moisturiser. Find it via Boots here.

Maybelline SuperStay 3D Gel Effect Plumping Top Coat (bit of a mouthful there!) has been on my nails all month. I absolutely love the Superstay nail polishes so thought I'd give the top coat a try and it goes really well with the polishes, making them last even longer. It's also super shiny and really does give a gel effect (I have been asked a lot recently if I have gel polish on). It is currently on 3 for 2 at Superdrug here.

Did you have any favourite beauty products during February?

Em x