top under header

Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Beauty Empties and Reviews #16

I have a bag full of empties again so I thought it was time I told you which products I've used up, whether I liked them and whether I would repurchase...


Hair Products
  • Batiste dry shampoo in the 'Eden' scent. Batiste is my favourite dry shampoo and a necessity for me since my hair gets oily at the roots pretty quickly. This is my favourite scent and I have a backup already but sadly I think it may have been limited edition for Summer because I can't find it online. Please bring it back Batiste!
  • Got2B Guardian Angel is my favourite heat protection spray because it sprays a fine mist that seems to even distribute the product and it really does seem to protect the hair (my hair dresser always tells me my hair is in great condition so it must do something!). It doesn't leave my hair sticky like some can either. Definite repurchase!
  • I picked up the Aussie Frizz Miracle Conditioner for a bargainous £1 in my local £1 shop and it was nice enough but I can't say it did anything spectacular. I would be happy enough to use it again if it was on offer or something but I wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase it again.
  • Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo is great if you use a lot of hair products that can cause build up or if like me, your hair gets oily quickly. It feels like it gives a really deep clean but doesn't feel too stripping when used with a conditioner on my ends. I have already repurchased.
  • Herbal Essences Fresh Balance shampoo is another good one for oily haired gals and is a repurchase...in fact, I repurchased it the day I am writing this post. I picked it up in Boots and it was supposed to be on offer for £1.99 I'm sure, however it went through the till at 99p for a 400ml-bargain so this would be the time to stock up!

Skincare
  • La Roche Posay Serozinc is a nice hydrating toner that I use after my exfoliating toner and before moisturiser. It is convenient in a spray can and contains skin calming/ spot fighting ingredients. This is something I've bought a few times now and continue to use.
  • Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Make Up Remover is my favourite product to remove my eye make up. It is a bi-phase one that you shake up and it removes everything quickly and easily without having to tug on my eyes but without being too greasy. Again a repeat repurchase.
  • Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Cream Wash is a nice morning face wash that refreshes my skin and contains salicylic acid (good for oily/ blemish prone skin) without drying it out since it has a creamy texture. Repeat repurchase!
  • Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Overnight Purifying Gel is an amazing night time treatment. It contains both glycolic and salicylic acids to exfoliate, make skin look brighter and zap blemishes. I tend to use this most around 'that time of the month' when my skin tends to suffer a bit or if it's just looking a bit dull. I can see a big difference in my skin the next morning and I have already repurchased it. 
  • Simple Age Resisting Eye Cream is my evening eye cream. It sinks in nicely and claims to have age resisting properties. It works well for me at the moment as I don't feel like I need a heavy duty anti aging eye cream yet. I think keeping the eye area moisturised is a major part of anti aging so any eye cream will help but only time will tell. It also doesn't sting my eyes, which can be quite sensitive. I have already repurchased this.
  • Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm has become an everyday staple for me. I think I've been through three of them now and am half way through another (this empty one has been sitting there for a couple of months). I use it morning and night and it seriously is the best lip balm I've ever tried.

Body Care

1. The Body Shop Shea Body Butter is seriously moisturising. I really like the Body Shop body butters in general and particularly like to use them after a bath in the evening (they're not something I'd necessarily use if I take a shower in the morning instead because they take a little while to sink in). I really enjoyed this one but am currently using the Almond one as I like to switch up the scent and I think the Almond one is even more moisturising.

2. 2 x Sure Crystal Anti-persperant. Not very exciting but I can confirm that as it claims, it doesn't mark clothes. I alway go for one of the non-marking anti-persperants, usually from Sure or Nivea, because deodorant marks really irritate me! lol.


Make Up

I'll say now that all of these are repeat purchases...
  • Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer is my favourite under eye concealer and I repeatedly repurchase it. It gives me enough coverage while being light and easy to blend.
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is my favourite concealer for redness/ spots because it stays put so well and has high coverage. 
  • Sleek Brow Perfector is a tinted brow gel that works well and I like the brush-some brushes on brow gels can be far too big but this is on the smaller side.
  • 2 x Sleek Brow Stylist, which is my favourite brow pencil. It twists up and has an angled tip with a spoolie on the other end so it's easy to apply.
  • Boots Seventeen Falisifeye HD Mascara is honestly my favourite mascara (even compared to the high end ones I've tried!) and has been for quite a while now. It gives quite dramatic lashes without being too clumpy.
  • Max Factor Face Finity All Day Primer is something I use every day. It prolongs the wear time of my make up and has the added bonus of SPF20. I would use a seperate  SPF if I was spending much time outside but for going to work and back etc it's nice to have a little bit of protection.
  • MAC Eye Shadows in 'Cork' and 'All That Glitters' are my favourite MAC eye shadow shades. I recently picked them up again after not using any MAC shadows for a while, finished them and tried not to repurchase them, telling myself I had plenty of other eye shadows. It didn't work.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder does what it says on the tin and is super cheap, can't go wrong with this. I have been through loads of these over the years and continue to use it.
Have you tried any of these products? Which beauty products have you used up recently?

Em x