top under header

Sunday, 27 December 2015

Festive Favourites


I hope that everyone reading had a lovely Christmas if you celebrate it, or just enjoyed the break if you don't! Today I thought I'd share my favourite beauty products I used in December...

I have used the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette a lot this month. All the shades are amazing quality for the price of the palette and easily rival much more expensive brands. The mattes are nice quality as well which isn't always the case with more purse friendly palettes. I love the warm gold/ brown shades in particular. Find my full review of the palette here.

I have been wearing the Stila smudge stick eyeliners in 'Damsel' and 'Gilded' along with this palette, 'Damsel' on my upper lash line and Gilded below the eye. I love the formula of these liners (they are incredibly smooth and pigmented) and I also picked these two shades up at a bit of a bargain price in my recent TK Maxx haul.

The Illamasqua Liquid Gold Shatter Sparkle Eye Gloss has been the perfect thing to add a bit of sparkle to my eyes over the festive season. It's actually more wearable than you'd think for a glitter. One thin coat over my eye shadow gives a subtle sparkle but you can go more dramatic by allowing it to dry and adding a second layer. You can see my full review here.

Clinique 'Nude Pop' lipstick appeared in last month's favourites but it has still not left my handbag which is the sign of a lippy being a real favourite so I thought I'd mention it again. As much as a red lip is super festive, I'm definitely more of a smokey eye nude lip girl.

Stila Magnificent Metal lip gloss in 'Rose Quartz' was another item I picked up from TK Maxx, again at a bargainous price and I have found that it's the perfect gloss shade to go on top of nude-pink lipsticks, which are what I wear most often day to day.

The Collection #BlushAndGlow palette really has surprised me. It is super cheap at under £5 for a bronzer/ contour shade, highlight and two blushes, but I have really been enjoying it. The bronzer is a great shade for fair skin as are the blushes and the highlight is a nice subtle shade that is suitable for day wear even on oily skin.

Having some time off for Christmas has meant that I have had more time to have a soak in the bath-it might sound like a small thing but when I'm going to work etc, I don't often have the time to spend long relaxing, having a quick shower or bath instead. I've therefore been making use of my Aromatherapy Associates Relax Deep bath oil. The smell is just gorgeous and really does help me relax. It's very pricey but I'd definitely recommend it if you can manage to pick it up in a sale like I did.

Afterwards, I have been using The Body Shop Almond Body Butter all month. I love their body butters, they're so moisturising and smell amazing. This scent is no exception, who wouldn't want to smell like a walking bakewell tart?! haha.

What were your favourite beauty products this month? Is there anything you'd recommend?

Em x