top under header

Thursday, 17 December 2015

#BlushAndGlow


I came across this Collection '#BlushAndGlow' palette in Boots recently and it thought it was such a bargain I had to have it. You know how it is...you pop in there for a couple of essentials you're running out of but out of the corner of your eye, you spot something that you simply must add to your basket! haha. But seriously...this did not break the bank, it was on offer for £3.99 (normally £4.99) and considering it contains a bronzer/ contour, highlight and two blushes, it's an absolute steal.


One thing I will say is that the packaging is not the best and I imagine it will get a bit tatty looking in my make up bag because it's made of cardboard with some flimsy feeling plastic over the front window. However, I'm not going to complain for the price because it's what's inside that counts, right?!


As you can see, the bronzer/ contour shade is pretty much matte and also quite brown which is good because it doesn't look orange on my fair skin. This is swatched quite heavily with my finger but when applied with a brush (I most often use the Real Technique Blush Brush), it has just the right level of pigmentation-enough to be noticeable but it's still easy to work with and not too scary on fair skin.

The highlight has some shimmer to it but it is quite subtle, which makes a change for a budget product. I find that a lot of cheaper highlights are overly glittery or just too much. I like a more dramatic highlight for evening but being a combo-oily skinned gal, I don't like anything super shimmery on my face during the day so this one is ideal.

As far as the blushes go, one is a matte dusky pink kind of shade with the other is more coral and has a bit of a glow to it but again isn't overly shimmery.

Each shade applies nicely and lasts the same length of time on me as most of my other blushes. I can use all of the shades on my skin tone and it's handy to have everything I need cheek wise in one little palette. I would definitely recommend this for the price if you can get over the slightly cheap looking packaging!

Find the palette here (still currently on offer for £3.99).

Have you tried this palette? What do you think?

Em x