top under header

Thursday, 15 October 2015

Review: Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette (finally back in stock!)


I have been trying to get my mitts on the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette for a couple of months now, having heard about how amazing it is from various youtubers and bloggers and seen how beautiful the shades look online. I have had the page on Beauty Bay bookmarked for the last few weeks and have literally checked back daily. To my delight, it was finally in stock again when I checked a few days ago. I ordered it with the free delivery option (which I believe should take two to three days)and it landed on my door step the next morning. Amazing service I have to say!

On to the palette...it comes in a cardboard sleeve that has the same beautiful design on it as the outside of the palette...so pretty! It's very compact and super thin, which means that it seems to take up next to no space in my make up bag and it would be great for travelling with.



Inside, there are 10 beautiful eye shadow shades that are just made for Autumn if you ask me, although they would of course be great at other times of the year too. The 10 shades are 1.5g each, which is the same size as a MAC or Urban Decay eye shadow for reference. However, whereas MAC shadows are £10 (for the pan to put into your own palette) and Urban Decay are £14, these work out at a bargainous £1.55 each since the whole palette is £15.50 in the UK.


My personal favourites from the palette are the bottom 3 shades on the left and the top middle shade. I just love golds and warm browns in the Autumn and I've never seen anything like the cranberry shade in this palette. It has a slight orangey/ bronzey duo-chrome to it that is just stunning, which I hope comes across in the swatches below. I also like that the palette has a good mix of mattes and shimmers. I like to wear shimmers mostly on my eyelid and the inner corner of my eye but keep the crease and brow bone matte a lot of the time so I don't get on with palettes that are completely shimmery.

All the shades are nicely pigmented and easily blended but the more metallic shades are super strongly pigmented as you can see below. They are even better over my usual eye primer and last just the same as any other more expensive shadow. The matte highlight shade on the top row doesn't show up much in the swatches but that's because it is only a little bit lighter than my skin.


I just love the shades in this palette and it's great quality for the price when you consider the cost of both single eye shadows and palettes from other brands. This would also make a gorgeous Christmas gift if you're on the lookout for a not-too-expensive gift or a larger stocking filler-I know I've been on the look out for gifts already!

You can find the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette here via Beauty Bay for £15.50 with free delivery. 

What do you think? Have you tried this palette or any other products from Zoeva that you'd recommend?

Em x