top under header

Sunday, 4 October 2015

My 5 Favourite Eye Make Up Brushes

Left to right: MAC 17, Sigma E25, Sigma E55, Sigma E45, MAC 219



Today I thought I'd hare with you my favourite eye make up brushes. I have quite a lot of make up brushes but I tend to come back to the same few for my everyday make up. Consequently they're not the cleanest they could be in the photo above but I needed to use them for my make up this morning.

My absolute favourite has got to be the MAC 217 or Sigma E25 (they're very similar) because they are so multipurpose. With either of these blending brushes, you can apply your eyeshadow, blend it and apply eye shadow into the crease of the eye. I have one of the MAC ones and 2 of the Sigma version because it's good to have a cleaner second, cleaner, blending brush sometimes, especially if you're working with darker colours.

Another brush I have more than one of is the Sigma E55, which is a flat shader brush. This is great for packing shadow onto the lid and getting a strong colour payoff.

Then there is the Sigma E45, which is the 'small tapered blending brush'. This one comes to a point and I find that it's ideal for deepening up the outer corner/ crease with darker shades because you can more easily apply a small amount with it, nice and precisely.

Another brush that I use virtually every time I do my make up is the MAC 219, which is a pencil brush. I use this mainly for blending out eyeliner because I generally like to apply a pencil eyeliner to my upper lash line then blend it slightly so it's a little bit smokey and not as harsh. It's also great for applying shadow into the inner corner of the eye or smudging underneath the eye.

I do have other eye make up brushes, a few of which are from Real Techniques, but I rate their face brushes more than their eye brushes so their eye brushes don't make it into my daily routine, only really getting used when I need extras. I also have some from Revlon, Boots No. 7, ebay and long discontinued brand Pout.The brand I'd love to try next is Zoeva. I've had my eye on their rose gold brush sets for ages because they get so many good reviews online and they're so pretty, too!

What are your favourite eye make up brushes? Are there any others you would recommend?

Em x