top under header

Sunday, 25 October 2015

Autumn in a Palette: Makeup Revolution New-trals Vs Neutrals


I came across the Makeup Revolution 'New-tral vs Neutral' palette when browsing the Superdug website recently, googled some swatches and knew I had to have it. The bottom row of the palette seemed nice enough, but that top row! Those shades are quite different to anything else I have and I've been enjoying using them lightly in the crease to really warm up my eye make up.


I'm impressed with the packaging for the price of the palette (£6.99). The front of it has that slightly rubberised feel that NARS products do, and the plastic case feels really substantial and good quality considering it is such an affordable product. The palette also contains a really good sized mirror.


As you can see from the swatches, the pigmentation is great. Some of the shades are slightly dusty when you put a brush into them, so it's advisable to tap off your brush before applying to the eyes to avoid the shadows falling down onto your cheeks. I don't see that as a major deal, however.


The palette also comes with a double ended brush. It's a flat shader brush on one end, suitable for packing colour onto the lid, and a small blending brush on the other. They're far from the best brushes I've used but for something included in a palette, they're pretty decent and far more useable than the foam tip applicators often included in budget palettes.

Overall, I'm really enjoying this palette and it's a good way to try some warm orangey shades for Autumn if you've never used them before (which I hadn't). You can find the palette here via Superdrug for £6.99.

Have you tried the Makeup Revolution New-trals Vs Neutrals palette? What do you think?

Em x