top under header

Monday, 28 September 2015

September Beauty Favourites


It's that time of the month again when I have a think about the beauty products I've been using the most...

I have particularly been enjoying two MAC eye shadows this month, which is unusual for me. I went through a phase of being MAC eye shadow mad but then discovered other brilliant brands for eye shadows such as Urban Decay and Too Faced and forgot all about them. However, I pulled out my z palette one day and discovered that I'd nearly finished MAC 'All That Glitters' and 'Cork' and thought I might as well use the two of them up so I put them into my MAC quad and into my everyday make up bag. I have loved putting All That Glitters (top right of the quad, rose gold type shade) on my eyelid and Cork (bottom left of the quad, medium warm brown) in the crease and the two together make for a simple but pretty look that I've received a fair few compliments on. I'm really considering repurchasing these two shades because as you can see, there is literally next to nothing left of them now. You can find the palette refill pans here for £9 each via Debenhams. If I wanted to go one step further with this, I popped a little bit of MUA's 'Champagne' eye shadow on the inner corner of my eye-a pale shimmery shade that opens my eyes up and makes me look more awake. It's really pigmented and is a bargainous £1 via Superdrug here.

I recently finished a Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl in the shade 'Cocoa Bean' (which I mentioned in my last empties post here) and I repurchased it. Why am I mentioning it in my favourites when it is a long time favourite you hear me ask? Well, the liner itself is as great as it ever was and I thought it deserved another mention...and also because the one I just bought has a sharpener in the lid, unlike my other one that came in a set last Christmas. It might seem like a small detail but it's just so handy! You can find the eye liner via Boots for £5 here (currently on 3 for 2).

My most worn blush this month has definitely been TheBalm's 'Fratboy'. I've loved it for a long time but I pulled it back out and have fallen in love with the perfect peachy pink shade again. It is available via Feel Unique for £15.50 here.

Another thing I've recently gone back to is the Boots Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara. For the last few months I have been using a Too Faced one that I wasn't all that impressed with...it was just OK (again see my last empties post here for more on that) but as soon as I was nearly done with it, I repurchased my beloved Falsifeye HD. It's just as good as I remember, giving a good amount of volume, length and drama without being spidery or clumpy. It's also a really nice dark black shade (the blacker the better as far as I'm concerned with mascara) and is great value at £6.99 here but is often on offer. At the moment, you get a free 'Cheek Stamp' blush when you spend £5 on the brand.

As the weather has been becoming slightly chillier, I have been enjoying having a soak in the bath followed by a really moisturing body butter. I mentioned the Aromatherapy Associate Bath and Shower Oils a while ago (see my review here) and I have now finished two of the three small bottles in the little set I bought for an absolute steal in the Summer sale. I also bought a full size version of the 'Relax Deep' scent for an equally bargainous price which I'm sure I'll be cracking out soon. You can find a variety of sets/ sizes via Feel Unique and Beauty Bay. For a body moisturiser, I have been enjoying my Body Shop Shea Body Butter, which doesn't smell of too much but is just a really nice moisturiser. It had been sitting unopened for a while (I believe the packaging has now actually changed) and I picked it out of my beauty stash after finishing another body moisturiser. It is £14 here but you can get 40% off and free delivery for orders of £5 and above with the code '14670'.

What were your favourite beauty products this month?

Em x