top under header

Monday, 7 September 2015

Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit and Seed Oil Blend


I few weeks ago, I mentioned that the Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit and Seed Oil Blend was on my beauty wishlist. I have been meaning to try a rosehip oil for a while now after reading that it's a great treatment for the skin, improving firmness and elasticity and the appearance of scars, stretchmarks, sun damage and fine lines. It's nothing majorly serious but I do have some pink marks left behind by spots on my cheeks and chin. I use chemical exfoliants as part of my skincare routine because they also help by sloughing off old skin cells to encourage the skin to renew faster, but I was interested to see what difference this oil would make.

Something to note is that there are definitely cheaper rosehip oils on the market. However, this one is a mixture of rosehip seed oil and fruit oil, whereas most are just from the seed. Pai also use volcanically sourced CO2 to gently extract the oils while preserving the properties of the plant, which apparantly eliminates and germs and prevents oxidization, unlike cold pressing.They also say that it contains twice the regenerative sterols and five times the caretonoids of seed oil and delivers trans-retinoic acid directly to the skin, which converts to vitamin A to boost the skin's natural healing process. In simple terms, I think what they're getting at is that it preserves the quality of the oil doing it this way.

I have oily-combination skin that can be quite prone to blemishes. It's only after years of gradually learning what works for my skin that I've got it under control and I really try to look after it well because if I let my skincare routine slip, I can tell the difference. In the last couple of years, I have tried a couple of facial oils that I've really enjoyed. My skin reacts well to them and actually becomes less oily with the use of them as part of my evening routine. This one is no different but in fact, my skin seems even more balanced out with this one than the others I have tried (which are, by the way, the Clarins Lotus Oil and Josie Maran Argan Oil Light). Although the Pai rosehip oil doesn't completely sink into my skin straight away, it feels lighter than both of those and doesn't take as long to sink in.

What else has it done for my skin? Well, since I have been using this, I must say that my skin has been generally much clearer. Only time will tell with regards scarring because that's not something you are going to suddenly correct in a fortnight but I haven't had any spots at all in about two weeks, which is an achievement for me because I've nearly always got the odd one or two little ones. My skin tone just seems much more even and I feel like I need less foundation as a result (which in turn, is probably good for my skin). I'll be interested to see what happens come 'that time of the month', when I tend to get a little crop of them on my chin. I've heard that it's actually good for reducing spots if one does pop up.

Overall, I'm really happy with this oil at the moment, so far so good. Although 30ml doesn't seem like a lot, I can see that it's going to last such a long time judging by the fact that it barely looks like it's been touched and I've used it most nights for more than two weeks. Pai recommend using 2-3 drops and I've been using 3. As an oily skinned girl, I like to use it in place of a night time moisturiser but I'm sure it would work well for dryer skins too (Pai suggest mixing 1 or 2 drops with your moisturiser for a more intensive treatment).

The only negative thing I could say is that I'm not keen on the smell. It's really quite herbal and in my opinion, not in a pleasant way. I can get past that if it's going to keep having a positive effect on my skin, though, because once it on my skin I really don't notice the smell.

You can find the Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Fruit and Seed Oil Blend here via BeautyBay for £22.

Have you tried rosehip oil? What do you think?

Em x