top under header

Wednesday, 9 September 2015

My Go To Evening Make Up Products


Although I do sometimes change it up, my go to evening eye is a cool toned smokey eye with a pinky nude lip and there are a few products I always return to so I thought I would share them!


For a basic cool toned smokey eye, I love to use the BareMinerals Ready Eye Shadow 2.0 in 'The Flashback' (currently on sale for £12.65 here). This is a duo of a charcoal grey and a brighter silver that is perfect for something easy. I put the silver on the inner part of my eyelid, the charcoal in the outer and into the crease then get blending. I have three of these duos and I still can't believe how pigmented they are, so nice!

Right photo left to right: Urban Decay Moon dust shadow on own; over dark cream shadow, Collection Glam Crystals in 4 Hustle
I love to add a bit of sparkle to an evening smokey eye and one of my favourites to do that is the Urban Decay Moondust Eye Shadow in 'Moondust' (£14 here via FeelUnique). The moondust shadows are packed with sparkle, particularly if you pat them over a creamy base like a MAC paint pot, Maybelline Colour Tattoo or the GOSH Forever Eye Shadow pencils (which I never think get enough love online). They don't have much pigment on their own but are intended to be more of a sparkle than anything. Alternatively, a swipe of one of the Collection Glam Crystals Glitter Liners (£2.99 via Superdrug here) gives a nice sparkle, too. They are super cheap and actually contain a lot more glitter than I've found some more expensive glitter liners do. My favourite is the shade 'Hustle' (pictured above).


I tend to wear black eye liner for evening more than I would during the day, when I tend to wear a dark brown as I feel like it's less harsh but still gives defnition. My favourite liquid liner is the Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner (£2.99 via Superdrug here, which is so easy to use and super cheap. For a black pencil, my current favourite is Soap and Glory's Smoulder Kohl in 'Superblack' (£5 via Boots here), which is smudgeable to start with but sets to a long lasting finish.


Something else I like to do to amp up my make up for nights out is to add false lashes. I'm quite particular with lashes, I'm not a fan of the very heavy looking ones or those with a thick lash band. I prefer the wispy looking variety with an almost invisible band, which makes them easier to apply and more natural looking. My favourites are the Ardell Demi Wispies (£5.49 via Superdrug here), which give a slightly winged out look due to being longer on the outer edges, or for something a bit longer and more dramatic, Eylure 141s (£5.45 via Superdrug here).

For cheeks, I usually opt for a relatively natural blush and a bit of contour and highlight but I change this up a lot so I wouldn't really say I have a favourite. If you're looking for a product to contour with, I have a post on the different products I use here.


As far as lips go, some of my favourite nude pinks (I'm not a fan of super pale nudes as they make me look ill) are Rimmel's Kate Moss lipsticks in shades 45 (£5.49/ 2 for £10 via Superdrug here), or for a higher end lippy, one of my very favourite nudes, Urban Decay Revloution Lipstick in 'Naked' (£15.50 via FeelUnique here). Both of these lipstick formulas are nice and creamy feeling, which is something I really like in a lipstick. The shades are actually pretty similar, with the Rimmel one (which you can see my full post on here) being just slightly more mauve.

What is your go to make up look for evening wear? Which are your favourite products?

Em x