top under header

Thursday, 10 September 2015

Getting Crafty: 'Mum' Gardening Themed Birthday Card


It's my mother in law's birthday later this month so I got to work on a card and this is what I came up with. I decided to go for a gardening theme and wanted to keep it pretty with a mix of pastel shades.

The decoupage design in the middle and the backing paper is from Dovecraft's  'Forget Me Not' line. You can find the line in lots of places online but they are both on Amazon...decoupage pad here and the papers here (for some reason it says they are 8 and 12cm square...it should in fact be inches). As you can see, I built up a 3D design using sticky pads. The paper flowers are also from Dovecraft...I think I bought them from Wilko, who don't seem to have them any more, but there are some on ebay here. I got the small doilies from TheWorks here. Everything else I most likely picked up at TheWorks or Wilko, which is where I tend to buy most of my card making bits.

I love the finished result! What do you think? 

Em x