top under header

Friday, 10 July 2015

The New Nude: Rimmel Dare To Go Bare


Rimmel have recently made some new additions to their Kate Moss line with their new 'dare to go bare collection'. It's made up of five nail polishes and five lipsticks. When I saw news of this release, I really wanted to have a look at the lipsticks, so off I went to Superdrug.

I came away with shade 45, which according to the stand, is for skin with neutral undertones. Others were labelled as being for cool and warm undertones. Shade 45 attracted me because it is the most natural one in that it is most like my lip colour. It's one of those 'my lips but better' (or perhaps in this case 'but more mauve' ) shades that has a bit of brown and a bit of pinky/ mauve in it. It's a flattering shade that I can imagine I'll use a lot with a darker/ more smokey eye.

I love the packaging of these lipsticks-such a pretty pastel peach with the usual Kate signature on the lid. I also like the formula, which is the same as the rest of the Kate Moss lipstick range in the black tubes. They are pigmented and opaque and feel nice and creamy with a satin, moisturised looking finish.

The only thing I was quite disappointed with was the fact that only 1 of the 5 shades looked like it would suit me. The first shade, 40, is really quite pale and personally, very pale nudes make me look ill. 43 is sort of a coffee shade of nude that I think would look great on tanned skin, but again not on me. 48 is a darker, chocolatey shade that I think would be gorgeous on darker skin tones.

Overall, I think there is a lipstick in the range for every skin tone but it's not necessarily one of those ranges that I'm likely to pick up a few shades from. I love the one I have though, so if you're reading Rimmel, please make me a couple more shades to suit fair (but not super pale) skin! I would love to see a peachy nude to suit me because that's something I'm enjoying at the moment. As we lipstick hoarders know, a girl can't have enough nudes...even if they all look the same to everyone else! haha.

Have you tried anything from Rimmel's new 'dare to go bare' range? What do you think?

Em x