top under header

Friday, 31 July 2015

New Additions to the Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Line


I have combination skin with normal cheeks and an oily t zone. I can be prone to spots and the scarring they bring with them unless I really look after my skin (I was quite spotty as a teenager, until learned how to get it under control). I find that my skin really responds well to acidic exfoliating type products as they help to unclog pores and speed up cell turnover, meaning that scarring fades over time and spots are less likely.

I love the Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix line for such products. I already love their scrub, pads and serum so I was excited to try out two new products that they've just released. I wouldn't use these all at once because you can definitely over exfoliate, but I mix and match depending on how my skin is feeling.

The first of the new products are the Glycolic Night Pads Extreme (currently on offer at Boots for £9.97, normally £14.95, here). These are a stronger version of the Glycolic Fix pads that have been part of my evening skincare routine for a long time. These ones contain 5% Glycolic acid as well as salicylic acid and lactic acid to exfoliate, plus hyaluronic acid to keep skin plump and hydrated. Nip & Fab advise to use these 2-3 times a week, or once a week for more sensitive skin types. I have been using them twice a week and using the normal Glycolic Fix pads on the rest of the days and I've really been enjoying them. It's nice to see the addition of salicylic acid because it is particularly good for those who have more oily skin or spots. You get 60 pads so even if you are using them 2-3 times a week, they will last you quite a while.


The second product is the Glycolic Fix Overnight Purifying Gel (also currently on offer at Boots for £9.97, usually £14.95, here). This one is designed as a night time clarifying treatment for dull and oily skin. It contains glycolic acid, salicylic acid and Niacinamide, which acts as an anti-inflammatory on the skin. The tube contains 40ml, which I feel is a decent amount of product for the price and considering it is a treatment that is not something I'd use every night.

So do these work for my skin? The answer is yes, definitely! I always get a few spots around 'that time of the month'. I decided to use these two new products in combination since they both contain spot fighting and calming ingredients as well as exfoliating glycolic acid. If you have particularly sensitive skin, I would go carefully with them, but since I knew my skin reacts well to the ingredients, I went the whole hog. I wiped a pad over my face, flipped it over and wiped the other side over, sprayed my hydrating toner. applied a few drops of my ususal facial oil then followed with the gel. When I woke up, my skin felt super smooth and the redness and size of the spots had really reduced over night.
Something to note is that you definitely need to apply the gel last because it sort of sits on the skin rather than soaking in. There aren't really any instructions about this on the tube but if you tried to apply moisturiser afterwards I suspect that it would ball up on the skin.

I have since been using the pads a couple of times a week for a stronger exfoliation and using the gel as and when I feel it necessary-when I've got any spots/ little bumps/ my skin is looking dull. You can also use the gel on particular areas of the face if you don't feel that you need it all over.

I am very happy with these two products and will definitely be continuing to use them.

What do you think? Have you tried the Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix line?

Em x