top under header

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Nails: Glistening Sea and Sky


I thought I'd share what I currently have on my nails. I really like it, despite the fact that I'm normally not that keen on blue nails. Something about this pastel blue shade made me buy it!

I've had the base shade for a while now and have worn it a few times-it's one of the amazing Maybelline Super Stay nail polishes (find them see my review of the line here) called 'Sea Sky'.  You can find them at Boots, Superdrug, or I picked mine up at my local ASDA. I used two coats of it on all of my nails except for my ring fingers, on which I used 2 coats of  Essie's 'Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low'. I think this one may have been a Christmas limited edition as I picked it up from the sale shelf in my local Boots for a bargainous £2. Any silver would work, though, and I know Barry M do a nice one. 

I then did my favourite glitter tip technique. I painted Models Own 'Juicy Jules' (a fine silver glitter) over half of the nail (middle to tip). I allowed it to dry then applied 'Blizzard' (a more chunky silver glitter) to around a third of the nail, just on the tips.

Left to right: Maybelline Sea Sky, Essie 'Jiggle Hi Jiggle Low', Models Own 'Juicy Jules', Models Own 'Blizzard'
I love this combination. I actually think it would work well in Winter, too, as there's almost something icy about the colour combination of blue and silver. The pale blue with sparkle also sort of reminds me of cinderella's dress!

What do you think?

Em x