top under header

Tuesday, 28 July 2015

July 2015 Beauty Favourites




I recently rediscovered my GOSH Forever Eye Shadow in 'Beige' (£5.99 via Superdrug here), which is a sparkly beige/ neutral cream eye shadow pencil. It's super easy to draw onto the lid and pat in with your finger and it sets to a waterproof finish. I love using this underneath powder shadows to make them a bit more sparkly and it also gives more shimmery/ glittery shadows something to cling on to so I don't end up with glittery cheeks. It's also great to use just on it's own if you want something quick and easy.

Along with the warm and sticky weather we had early in July came the appearance of my Murad SPF15 Oil Control Mattifier (£32.84 here). This is great at controlling the oil that my skin likes to produce more and more of as the temperature increases, meaning that my foundation actually stands a chance of staying put. I had a little bit left in a tube that I bought around this time last year, so it also needed using up since moisturisers/ sunscreens normally have a shelf life of around 12 months. It appeared in my last empties post (here) and I since bought one for a good deal online (the full price is a pricey £35 so it's worth shopping around).

Eucerin Intensive Hand Cream (£8.50 but Escentual.com currently have 20% off herewas a bit of a surprise to me that it became a favourite. I ordered it from Escentual.com when I was picking up some skincare things that I needed a month or two ago. It contains urea, which is an ingredient that is found in the skin naturally to help keep it moisturised, so it makes sense that it would work well with the skin. I have mentioned this before but I sometimes have issues with my engagement and wedding rings causing dryness/ an eczema type rash. It is nothing to do with the ring themselves but rather the fact that things tend to get trapped under there, like soap when I wash my hands. Applying this hand cream daily has made such a difference you would not believe it...as in the problem is virtually gone. It was actually so sore at one point that I had to not wear my rings for a few days so that's pretty impressive. Bizarrely, it is quite a thin, runny cream, which you wouldn't think would be that moisturising, but it does and amazing job on very dry/ sore skin.

I've really enjoyed the Cargo Contour Palette in 'Monaco' (£22 via FeelUnique herethis month (see my full review here). I love coral cheeks in the Summer but sometimes bright corals can be a bit scary to work with on fair skin. This bronzer, blush and highlighter combo has enough pigment without being too much and is easy to work with. To pair with this, I have also been going for coral lips and there are two lipsticks in particular I've been reaching for a lot. The first is MAC coral bliss lipstick (£15.50 via Debenhams here). It's a cremesheen finish, meaning that it's super creamy feeling on the lips. The second is the Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer (£16 via Debenhams here),which has a lovely texture that glides on super smoothly. Both shades are very wearable corals-they brighten up the face without being super bright so are great for everyday use. You can see from the swatches below that these are actually really similar, but the MAC is slightly brighter and more glossy.

Left to right: GOSH Forever Eye Shadow 'Beige', Clinique 'Melon Pop, MAC 'Coral Bliss', Cargo contour palette 'Monaco'
What were your favourite beauty products this month?

Em x