top under header

Sunday, 26 July 2015

Easy Cinnamon Rolls


I took inspiration from a few pinterest pins to create these super easy cinnamon rolls that turned out to be very tasty if I do say so myself! If you like the taste of cinnamon, you will love them!

You will need:

Pre-made croissant dough (I used 'Jus Rol' as that is the brand stocked in my local supermarket)
Heaped dessert spoon of butter or margarine
Cinammon
Soft brown sugar
Optional: Icing sugar and water

Step 1: Open and unroll the dough. Mine was perforated into 6 triangles so I cut this into 3 squares along the perforations and layed them into something like a rectangle.

Step 2: Pinch the dough together along the joins and perforations and roll with a rolling pin to even it up shape wise if you need to (it's best to have an even-ish rectangle)


Step 3: Melt a little bit of butter or margarine. I used a heaped dessert spoon and put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Brush this over the dough, ideally with a pastry brush. I couldn't find mine (the kitchen fairies seem to  have taken it!) so I just used the back of a spoon to spread it out.


Step 4: Sprinkle on your brown sugar and cinnamon. You can add more or less of either of these depending on your tastes. I added quite a lot of cinnamon because I like the taste to be quite strong.


Step 5: Roll up the dough starting on one of the longest sides (I find it easiest to start at the bottom and roll towards the top).


Step 6: Cut the roll into 8 evenly sized pieces. I start by cutting it in half, then half again and half again to make sure the pieces are even.


Step 7: Place the pieces into a lightly greased cupcake/ muffin tin. I find that this gives them a better shape than just putting them on a baking tray. 


Step 8: Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending how golden you like them) at gas mark 6 or 200 degrees and you will end up with something that looks like this...


Step 9: If you'd like to make them a bit sweeter, you an take the optional step of mixing together a little bit of icing sugar with water and drizzling it across the top.



The only thing I might change next time is to make more of them because let me tell you they didn't last long!

Em x