top under header

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Beauty Empties #11


I had another bag of used up beauty products...I'm always amazed at how quickly they add up. Unusually, there's a lot of makeup this time...

Skincare

Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 makeup remover (£2.59/ 2 for £4 here) is the best 'drugstore' eye make up remover I've tried. It gets everything off quickly and easily (even waterproof mascara) and doesn't leave the greasy film in my eyes that some make up removers can.

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm (£9.50 hereis THE best lip balm, no joke. It will cure the driest of lips. I apply every morning and night to keep my lips nourished and I have been through a few of them now.

Garnier Micellar Extra Gentle Cleansing Wipes (bundle of  2 for £2.95 half price here) are really nice as wipes go. They aren't nearly as drying as I have found other wipes to be and the cloths themselves are super soft. I wouldn't recommend using these as your only cleansing method but I like to use them to get the bulk of my base make up off.

Simple Age Resisting Eye Cream (£6.99 hereis my evening eye cream. It's not too heavy and promises to prevent premature aging...we will see on that one, but I like it!

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Treatment (£4.99 hereis a salicylic treatment that is great to use on spots before bed. I've had this little 15ml tube for a long time because I don't often get larger spots that warrant using a product like this. My skin decided to freak out a bit at the start of this month, I think due to stress, so this got fnished up! I will be purchasing another tube.


Hair Care

Batiste Tropical (large 400ml can-£4.99/ 3 for 2 here) smells of coconuts and does a good job at battling oily hair, what more can I say?!

Got2B Guardian Angel (on offer for £2.70 hereis a heat protectant that claims to protect u to 200 degrees Celsius. It has a very fine spray so it is easy to evenly distribute it through my hair. It does seem to work...my hairdresser regularly comments on what good condition my hair is in. 

Boots Coconut and Almond Leave-In Conditioner makes a good detangling spray and smells nice. I can't find it on the Boots website, which would suggest it's possibly been discontinued (I'd check in store if you want to try it) but I actually prefer the Aussie leave in conditioners as they are just a bit more moisturising.

Body Care

ASDA Protect Sensitive Shave Gel is a cheap shave gel that does the job and costs around £1. Not much I can say really...I have repurchased this a few times but I'm trying out a Gillette one with 'a touch of Olay' at the moment that feels more moistursing so we shall see.

Champneys Oriental Opulence Bubble Heaven (full size 400ml £12/ 3 for 2 hereis a luxurious feeling bubble bath that makes lots and bubbles and makes the water feel moisturising. I have worked my way through 2 different scents of this now that came in a gift set. I have 1 left to go so I'll be using that next.

Make Up

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (£3.99 hereis a great mattifying powder for oily skin at a great price. This is something I have repurchased for years and continue to do so.

Max Factor Stay All Day Primer (£10.99/ 3 for 2 herereally helps my make up last, smooths out the skin without being too slippery and also contains SPF20. Again I've been through a few of these and continue to use it as my everyday primer.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£4.19 hereis one of those cult products loved by many! It's a perfect concealer for covering blemishes or redness on more oily skins as it has high coverage and stays put well. This is something I repurchase over and over.

Benefit They're Real (£19.50 heregives really nice, dramatic lashes in my opinion, the only problem is getting it off. It is a little tough to remove so I would recommend an oil based eye make up remover for this one. I actually have another tube of this unopened which I will use, but I have also found a far cheaper mascara that gives me the same result so I don't think I would repurchase it again.

Boots Seventeen Falsifeye HD (£4.99 with £2 off hereis a great mascara that I think gives a similar effect to Benefit's They're Real but for a far more affordable price. I'm not going to repurchase just yet because I have a couple of other mascaras that need using up but I will go for this one next time I need a mascara.

Sleek Brow Stylist (£5.99 hereis a great twist up eye brow pencil with a slanted tip and a spoolie on the other end, making it easy to use. It is my favourite brow product and something I have gone through a few of now.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer (£5.99 hereis great for the undereye area as it gives decent coverage but isn't too heavy and is easy to blend in. I'm using Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up' concealer instead at the moment because I needed to us it up but I will repurchase Match Perfection when I have finished it because I prefer it.

Revolution Eye Shadow in 'Touch Me' (£1 hereis a matte cream shade that is super pigmented and really handy for using on the browbone as a matte highlight or cleaning up around the edge of your eye shadow. This is a definite repurchase once I have used up the Essence equivalent I'm currently using, which isn't quite as pigmented.

Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets are my favourite oil blotting sheets. They don't have any powder on them, which I prefer because it just absorbs the oil efficiently without adding anything. I can then decide afterwards whether I need to powder. These are discontinued now but I can pick them up in my local Home Bargains or from Amazon.

Boots Seventeen Mirror Shine Lipstick in 'Belle' (£4.79 hereis a great 'my lips but better' sort of shade with a glossy, balmy finish. There was a tiny little nub left in it but I decided to throw it out because it was quite old anyway (the packaging has actually been changed now, too). I'm not really in need of a lipstick in this sort of shade at the moment but I would consider repurchasing it in the future.

That was a lot of empties! Which beauty products have you used up recently?

Em x