top under header

Friday, 5 June 2015

Summer Nails: Coral Gold Glitter Gradient




I have this combo on my nails at the moment and I love it so I thought I'd share it :-) I've mentioned this glitter gradient technique before and it's quite simple really, although it looks more difficult than it is. It doesn't require you to be particularly great at doing nails and without fail I get asked where I got my nails done when I wear it. 

I used 2 coats of Maybelline Superstay 'Red Hot Getaway' as a base colour. I love this line of polishes so much that they probably deserve a separate post of their own. They are one of the few polishes that actually last a few days on my nails and they are nicely pigmented and non-streaky too. I could probably have got away with 1 coat but I like to do 2 to be on the safe side. Find it here via Superdrug for £4.49/ 3 for 2.  

I then used Butter London West End Wonderland to paint around half of the nails, middle to tip, making sure that the line wasn't straight across at the join between glitter and non-glitter by moving the pieces around a bit with the brush. You can find it via Boots for £12 here but you could use any fine gold glitter since this one is on the more pricey side (I actually got mine cheaply in TK Maxx).

 Once dry, I took Essie's 'Summit of Style' (a much more chunky glitter) and painted it just onto to tips of my nails to create a gradient effect. I'm pretty sure that this was a limited edition polish last Winter/ Christmas but Debenhams still have it available for £7.19 here. You could, however, use any chunky gold glitter polish.

I topped this with a top coat to smooth over the glitter and help everything stay put.

I love how effective this technique looks considering how easy it is and I really like coral nails for Summer.

What do you think?

Em x