top under header

Friday, 19 June 2015

Escentual.com Haul and Up To 1/3 Off French Skincare


I am someone who likes to pick up back ups of products I use all the time while they're on offer...I mean why pay the full price in a couple of weeks if you have the funds to buy them at a reduced price now, right? In the long run you can save yourself quite a bit doing things this way.

I received an email from Escentual.com telling me they were doing an offer involving 'up to 1/3 of French pharmacy skincare' so headed to the website to pick up some essentials and I ended up picking up one item I've never tried as well. Here are my recommendations!

La Roche Posay Effeclar Mat (£9.67/ normally £14.50 hereis a lovely every day moisturiser for oilier skins like mine. It has a gel-creme consistency. It doesn't, however, contain any SPF so I use other products with SPF like my foundation primer. If I'm spending much time in the sun, however, I will apply a product actually designed for the purpose of being an SPF, such as...

La Roche Posay Anthelios AC Anti-Shine Matte Fluid SPF30 (currently £10.67/ normally £16 here). This is a very runny SPF that sinks into the skin nicely and isn't too shiny looking to use under make up on oilier skins. I can skip moisturiser and use this as a 2 in 1.

La Roche Posay Serozinc (currently £5.67/ normally £8.50 hereis a combination of spring water, healing zinc sulphate and astringent sodium chloride in spray form. This make for a nice toner product and helps to battle blemishes due to the zinc. I've also heard that it's nice on drier skins because it feels quite hydrating, too.

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm (currently £6.33/ usually £9.50 here is THE BEST lip balm ever. It works miracles on sore, chapped lips, particularly when applied before bed. Personally I apply it every morning and night, and sometime in between...hence why I bought 2 because I really get through the stuff. It has a slightly strange texture in that it is almost matte once applied, but this makes it good for using underneath lipstick because it doesn't slip and slide the same as other lip balms. It tastes a little bit like lemon curd!

Eucerin Intensive Hand Cream (£5.66, normally £8.50 hereis a new product (to me, anyway) that I'm trying out. I love a good hand cream and this one contains 5% Urea, which is the skin's own moisturising agent.

Mister Mascara Tweezers (currently £2.99/ usually £7.40 hereare great for the price. Although obviously not part of the skincare offer, they are still on sale.They are nice and sharp and last for years. I actually have some of these already and must have had them for about 5 years at a guess but I like to have a couple of pairs of tweezers because I am always misplacing them. You get a mini version too, which still work well and are good for your travel make up/ toiletries bag.

They also sent me a couple of free Nuxe samples. I look forward to trying the multi-purpose oil. The cream is for plumping lines which I don't need yet so I will pass it onto someone.

I'm pretty sure the French Pharmacy offer runs until the end of June.

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?

Em x