top under header

Monday, 15 June 2015

5 Great Pink Lipsticks




My recent post entitled '5 great orange/ coral lipsticks' turned out to be pretty popular so I thought I might turn this into sort of a mini series and today is the turn of five of my favourite pinks...

From left to right above...

MAC Girl About Town (£15.50 via Debenhams here) has recently become my go-to fuchsia pink when I want more of a statement pink lip. It is an amplified formula, meaning that it is super pigmented and creamy and leaves behind a slight stain on the lips when it wears off. I like to pair it with the Urban Decay 24/7 lip liner in bright pink shade 'Jilted'. The two together make for a very long lasting lip.

MAC Creme Cup (£15.50 via Debenhams hereis an easy to wear,  slightly dusky baby pink. It is really quite cool toned so in my experience looks best worn with cooler toned blush-it tends to look a bit strange with warmer toned cheeks. I have got a lot of use out of this as you can see. If you're looking for a cheaper version of this shade, I found a dupe in Max Factor's 'Star Dust Pink' colour elixir lipstick (find my comparison here). The Max Factor version doesn't last quite as long on the lips but as far as shade goes it is virtually identical!

Revlon Lip Butter in 'Berry Smoothie' (£7.99/ 2 for £10 via Boots hereis an easy to wear berry toned medium pink with a sheeny finish. You can see that this one is not far away from being used up! Probably something to do with the fact that I find this goes with a lot of eye/ cheek make up.

Revlon Lip Butter in 'Strawberry Shortcake' (£7.99/ 2 for £10 via Boots here)is a sheer bubblegum pink that is easy to wear yet really brightens the face. It's a bit brighter than MAC Creme Cup. Again this one is very well used.

KIKO Smart Lipstick in 911 (£3.90 via the KIKO website hereis a medium, brightish pink that has a lovely sheer, nourishing formula. You can build up the colour or wear it as a sheer wash on the lips. I love the formula of these lipsticks (I own one other) and I would definitely consider picking up more shades. Unfortunately KIKO has limited stores in the UK. I picked up some goodies when I spent a long weekend in London last Summer but you can buy online if you're not near a store.

What are your favourite pink lipsticks?

Em x