top under header

Monday, 22 June 2015

5 Great Nude Lipsticks



In my mini series of 5 great lipsticks from each colour family, today is the turn of the nudes. When I say nudes, I don't mean super pale nudes, because being quite fair, they just aren't for me-they just make me look ill. I tend to go for pink nudes, peach nudes or if I do wear a beige tone, it's normally a darker one to avoid concealer lips!

From left to right above: 

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 'Naked' (£15.50 via Debenhams here) is a great 'my lips but better' shade, a sort of pinky nude. The formula of these lipsticks is creamy, smooth and pigmented and feels lovely on the lips. I love this shade so much that I actually wore it on our wedding day.

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 03 (£5.49 via Boots hereis a darker beige toned nude that I like to wear with smokey eyes in the evening. It mutes down my lips without making me look dead.

Bourjois Velvet Edition Lipstick in 04 (£7.99 via Boots here)is a slightly mauve shade that's really quite similar to the colour of my lips, but a bit more mauve. This one is smooth and glossy so doesn't last all that long on the lips really but I don't mind reapplying because it feels so nice on.

Estee Lauder Crystal Lipstick in 'Crystal Baby' (£21 via Debenhams hereis possibly my all time favourite nude. It has definite peach tones to it and is sheer, glossy and easy to wear. Mine is in gift with purchase packaging in case you wondered why the packaging is different.

L'oreal Caresse Lipstick in 501 Nude Ingenue is a other sheer and glossy formula but is much more beige toned. It doesn't come across as beige, however, because the natural colour of my lips shows through. It therefore just mutes down the colour of my lips rather than being a full on beige shade. I suspect that these may have been recently discontinued but they are available on ebay here for £3.99 with free delivery.

What are your favourite nude lipsticks?

Em x