top under header

Sunday, 7 June 2015

5 Great Coral/ Orange Lipsticks



As well as the coral nail polish I wrote about in my last post, I love coral lips in the Summer. I have a fair few coral lipsticks so I thought I would share 5 of my current favourites....

1. Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in the shade '420 In With Coral' is a matte yet creamy lip pencil. It is definitely a coral, but it is more towards the pink end of the spectrum rather than orange, as you can see in the photo. These pencils are also great dupes for the NARS matte lip pencils at a fraction of the price (find them via Boots here for £4.99/ 3 for 2)

2. Essence long lasting lipstick in shade 01 'Coral Calling' is a great budget option. These lipsticks actually have a really nice, moisturising feeling formula to them for the price. I wouldn't say that they are very long lasting in actual fact but for the price I don't mind reapplying. Find it for a bargainous £2.30 via Wilko here.

3. MAC ' Coral Bliss' is an easy to wear, more subtle coral lipstick. On the lips, it is really quite sheer and glossy and almost comes across as a coral-nude. It's a very pretty one for everyday wear. Find it here via Debenhams (currently £13.95 due to being 10% off but I believe this offer ends today).

4. The Body Shop Colour Crush Lipstick in shade 105 'Coral Cutie' is a highly pigmented orange. It's very pigmented and a lovely smooth formula. This is a fun shade for the Summer, but just be careful about your teeth as it can make them look slightly yellow. I like to wear this with a more red based lip liner around the edges and blended inwards, so that I end up with more of an orange-red shade. Find it here for £10 (although you can currently get £10 off a £25 spend with the code 14670).

5. The Body Shop Colour Crush Shine Lipstick in shade 18 'Sunset Romance' is quite similar to MAC Coral Bliss in that it is another really easy to wear sheer, glossy formula. It is, however, more pink than the MAC one. Find it here for £10 but again you can get £10 off if you spend £25.

What are your favourite coral/ orange lipsticks for Summer?

Em x