top under header

Tuesday, 12 May 2015

New In Lippies/ My MAC Lipsticks

Swatches left to right: Peach Blossom, Coral Bliss, Girl About Town
During April I really restrained myself makeup/ beauty buying wise due to saving for various things. I rediscovered lots of products that were featured in my April Beauty Favourites. However, May is my birthday month (more on that in a later post perhaps) so I decided to pick up a few things I'd had my eye on for a while. I don't often buy non-drugstore lipsticks because you can get some great ones in the aisles of Boots and Superdrug, so this was a bit of a treat :-). There was also 10% off beauty at Debenhams when I bought them.

Of the 3 lipsticks I bought, the most neutral and easy to wear of the bunch is the shade 'Peach Blossom'. It is a cremesheen finish which means it has a slight shine to it and has a nice creamy, non-drying feel on the lips. I have photographed it next to the very popular shade 'Creme Cup', which I already owned. You can see that they look very similar in the tubes. However, peach blossom is much more warm toned whereas creme cup is much more cool/ blue toned. I expect I'll get a lot of use out of this one for everyday wear as it would go with most other makeup.

Swatches: Top: Creme Cup, Bottom: Peach Blossom
I love coral shades in the Spring/ Summer and had to have the shade 'Coral Bliss', which is also a cremesheen finish. This one is a little brighter than Peach Blossom but will also be reasonably easy to wear as it has a good amount of colour but it's not too bright and in your face!

Finally I picked up 'Girl About Town', which is a brighter pink that's much talked about it in the beauty world. It's sort of a darker, brighter pink if you know what I mean...something that I can pull off. Being quite pale there is no way I would pull of the more neon pink shades they have like Candy Yum Yum et al.This one is an amplified finish so still has a bit of a shine to it but is super pigmented.

While we're here and since I only own 1 more MAC lipstick, I thought I'd include it...Russian Red. This is a slightly deeper red. I find red quite a difficult shade to wear but for me I think slightly deeper is easier to pull off than a very bright red. I like this one for evenings out with a neutral/ brownish eye.


Lip swatches of all 5 lipsticks mentioned...


1. Peach Blossom
2. Creme Cup
3. Coral Bliss
4. Russian Red
5. Girl About Town

You can find MAC lipsticks via Debenhams here for £15.50 each.

What are your favourite MAC lipsticks?

Em x