top under header

Friday, 15 May 2015

MUA Sweet Sheen Tinted Lip Balms

Top swatch: Peach Dream, bottom: French Violet
I hadn't ever heard anything about these but spotted them in Superdrug...so I'm not sure how new out they are. The MUA Sweet Sheen lip balms are £2 each here or in Superdug stores (they also have an offer online at the moment were you get a free eye shadow palette if you spend £8 on MUA products).

I like a tinted balm for those days when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup or even when I just don't want anything too much on my lips. I chose 3 shades-'Peach Dream' and 'French Violet'. You would expect a tinted balm to be reasonably sheer, but judging from the shades I chose, some are more sheer than others. In the lip swatch I have built up 'Peach dream' quite a lot, whereas I applied a lot less of the 'French Violet' shade to get the same level of pigmentation. 'French Violet' does, however, look much more purple in the tube than it applies-it's more of a cool toned pink on the lips. I wouldn't let this put you off, but it is something to keep in mind.

Both shades feel really nourishing and actually I've had a cold for last few days so my lips haven't been in the best condition...I don't know about you but my lips shrivel up like a pair of prunes and sort of fray around the edges when I'm not well haha. These have been working really well in that they feel nice and moisturising and smooth over the lips. They don't stick to any dry bits in the yucky way that some lip products can and give me a bit of colour to brighten my face without feeling like too much (does anyone else feel completely grossed out by putting much makeup on their face when they're sick?). They have a slightly sweet, vanilla sort of scent to them but it's really quite subtle and not at all overpowering if you're not a fan of scented lip products.

Overall I'd really recommend them!

What do you think? Have you tried the MUA Sweet Sheen lip balms?

Em x