top under header

Sunday, 24 May 2015

Milani Rose Powder Blushes: Milani now available in the UK!

Left: Coral Cove, Right: Tea Rose
Bottom swatches are blended out

I recently noticed while browsing Amazon that they are now selling some Milani products, which as far as I was aware has only ever been available in the US. I had a few items on my wishlist and then saw a youtuber called Amelia Liana mention that she picked up one of the rose powder blushes while she was in the US. It looked gorgeous so I had a look online to see where they were available. I found them on the Beautycrowd website for £8 each here (they also have a few other US brands) but the cheapest I found them was £5.99 from Amazon here and here. I'd love to see the brand available in one of our stores but for now it's just online.

I picked up the shades 'Coral Cove' and 'Tea Rose'. I just love the rose design of the powders and if I'm honest, that is really what attracted me to them.Unfortunately a little bit of the left side of my coral one crumbled in the post, I'm sure they would give me a replacement if I told them it arrived damaged but I'm not sure whether it's worth the hassle. They are very large as blushes go (more like the size of a pressed powder) and contain a whopping 17g of product so they will really last you a long time.

The blushes are well pigmented but are blendable. 'Coral Cove' in particular comes out very pigmented/ bright, so I think it would be worth using a duo fiber brush for a light application. Finish wise, they are both matte, which I like. My favourite blush finishes are either just slightly glowy or completely matte as my combination-oily skin looks even oilier with a load of shimmer piled onto my cheeks. I like that with matte blushes I can place a little highlight strategically on top of my cheekbones without looking oily, or use a soft, subtle highlight like the MUA Radiant Lights powders (see my review here) to turn them into a slightly glowy finish.

Overall, I really like these blushes and am glad I purchased them. After trying these I might well have a look to see what other Milani goodies I can find on Amazon and have a look at some reviews online.

Have you tried these blushes? Are there any other Milani products you think I should try?

Em x