top under header

Tuesday, 26 May 2015

May 2015 Beauty Favourites




I pulled out my Stila 'In The Light' palette this month because I hadn't used it in a while. It was already very well used but I've hit pan on a couple more shades this month. As you cam see, it's pretty battered now! It also came with a dark brown eye liner, which is long gone. I've really been enjoying this palette.  You can find it here via FeelUnique for £25.

I picked up a few lipsticks this month and the one that hasn't left my handbag is MAC 'Peach Blossom', which is a pretty peachy nude shade that's perfect for every day wear and goes with almost any makeup or outfit. You can read about the MAC lippies I picked up in my post here and find them here via Debenhams for £15.50.

Also in my handbag has been the MUA sweet sheen lip balm in the shade 'Peach Dream ', which is a nice coral tinted balm that adds a little bit of colour without being too much and while keeping the lips really moisturised. You can find it here for a bargainour £2 and read my review here.

I have used Illamasqua's Blushes in 'Hussy' and 'Tremble' a lot this month. Hussy is a deeper coral shade and tremble is a lighter peachy-pink shade. I have been all about the corals and peachy shades this month, as you can probably tell! Both are nicely pigmented but are easily blended so you don't end up with clown cheeks-I just dab my blush brush in once and it's usually enough for both cheeks.These are expensive at £21.50 each (free UK delivery here via the Illamasqua website) but they last forever-I have used mine a lot and they look as though they've hardly been touched. I got mine for around half price in an ASOS sale but I do think they're worth the full price if you're looking for a higher end blush.

I have loved using the Garnier micellar cleaning wipes this month (Superdrug currently have a double pack on offer for £2.98 instead of the usual £5.99 here) I'm not normally that fussy with face wipes since I just use them to get the bulk of my foundation/ blush etc off before using a separate eye makeup remover and using something else to properly cleanse. However, it wasn't until I went back to some other wipes that I realised how drying they were and how non-drying the Garnier Micellar ones are, as well as how soft they are on the skin. I think I'm going to stick with these ones for the foreseeable future.

What were your favourite beauty products this month?

Em x