Wow look at the state of the pencil on the far right...Superdrug security stickers that leave sticky stuff everywhere are a pain! Anyway...an easy way to update your makeup bag for Spring/ Summer is to add in a fun coloured eyeliner. You can wear it underneath the eye, line the top of your eye or even put it in the inner rim/ waterline, but however you wear them they add a fun pop of colour. As someone who is quite cautious with regards colour on my eyes, I enjoy doing this sometimes to add a little twist to an otherwise neutral eye. Deeper shades that are more similar to my usual black or brown eyeliner are more subtle but I also have a few brighter ones. Generally I prefer those that say they have a waterproof/ longwearing formula. I thought I would share my favourites...
Left to right...
1. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on pencil in 'Electric' is a bright blue with shimmer. I love the formula of these pencils-they glide on easily, leave you a few seconds to blend them then set. You can find the 24/7 pencils here for £15.50. I have them in a couple of other colours...
2. Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in 'Flipside' is more of a turquoise tone with shimmer. This shade looks gorgeous with a bronzey shimmery eye in Summer.
3. Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in 'Ransom' is a brighter purple with shimmer.
4. Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof kohl in 'Bright Blue' is a stunning cobalt blue. Again these pencils glide on softly and are blendable then set. These ones are a steal at £3.99 (3 for 2 here).
5. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in 'Moray' is a khaki green that's a bit more subtle as far as coloured liners go. Again the formula of these is amazing and they glide on really easily and set into place. You can find them for £14 here.
6. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in 'Tetra' is an Aubergine type purple with slight shimmer. Again this one is pretty subtle and just looks a bit softer on the eye than a black. I like wearing this one with purple eye shadows as well as browns/ neutrals.
7.GOSH Velvet Touch Eye Liner in 'Blueberry Ice' is a very pretty pale lilac. This is a nice one to pop on the inner corner of your eye as well as using as a liner, since it is a paler shade. They don't seem to have all the shades online but these liners are £4.99/ 3 for 2 from Superdrug here.
8. GOSH Velvet Touch Eye Liner in 'Purple Stain' is a deeper purple that's not too dis-similar to Urban Decay Ransom, if you're looking for a more budget friendly alternative. You can find this shade on the website here.
9. GOSH Velvet Touch Eye Liner in 'Rising Sun' is a very pretty gold with shimmer. I suspect they may have renamed the shade because this one in the shade 'Renaissance Gold' looks like the same shade. I've included this one because it is different to the standard brown or black but this one is really quite easy to wear since it is still quite neutral. It looks great underneath the eye with bronzey eyeshadows on the lid. This one is well loved and is almost down to nothing (you can see the end of it in the top picture).
10. GOSH Velvet Touch Eye Liner in 'Blue Moon' is a blue-ish turquoise colour that's not too far away, shade wise, from Urban Decay Flipside if you're looking for more budget friendly alternative. I'd look in store for this shade because it doesn't seem to be online. Mine looks pretty grubby in the photo because of one of those very annoying security stickers that leaves sticky stuff everywhere!
What do you think? Do you like wearing coloured eye liners in Spring/ Summer?