top under header

Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer

Swatches: left: melon pop. right: plum pop

I have seen many a blog post and youtube video on Clinique's new Pop Lip Colour + Primer and decided to try them for myself. There seem to have been a lot of new lip products being released lately but I think these are one of my favourites.

I chose 2 shades, the first being 'Melon Pop' which is a peachy shade. It's very pretty on fair skin and comes across as a sort of nude with a hint of peach/ coral-a bit more Spring/ Summer like than a boring beige toned nude. The second shade I chose is called 'plum pop', which is a medium pink with a hint of plum to it.

I love the packaging for a few reasons. Firstly, it just feels like it's nice quality. Secondly, the tubes are square, meaning you can put them down on your dressing table and they won't roll (not a deal breaker perhaps, but a nice addition). The bottom half of the tube matches the lipstick, making them easy to find shade wise if you have lots of lipsticks. The reflective silver lid also doubles as a mirror in a pinch for the lighter shades! (although I'm not sure I'd risk it with the darker ones).

Both shades are very creamy with a bit of gloss to them and apply really smoothly. The texture feels lovely and nourishing on the lips. The gloss does wear off, as time goes on they seem to become more of a satin finish. As for the lasting power from the primer, the lipsticks last a few hours. I also find that they stain my lips slightly after they have worn off, particularly 'Plum Pop', which is the darker of the two shades. They are, however, never going to last as long as a matte formula.

Price wise, they are £16 and can be found here via Debenhams, here via Boots or at any other place that stocks Clinique. I paid £13.33 each for mine with a discount code at Debenhams.

Overall I'm really enjoying these!

What do you think? Have you tried the Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer lipsticks?

Em x