top under header

Friday, 8 May 2015

Beauty Empties #9


It's that time again, I have a bag of empty beauty products I've used up...here are my thoughts on them...

1. Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Buttercream (£10.50/ 3 for 2 here). It's no secret that the Sugar Crush line is my favourite ever scent. This is nice and moisturising and I'm already using another.

2. Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub (£8/ 3 for 2 here) This has the same amazing scent and is very exfoliating-again something I have repurchased already and will do over and over.

3. The Sanctuary Melting Body Fondant (£8.57 here). I really enjoyed using this after evening bubble baths. It is a sort of solid oil. You scoop a bit out and rub it between your hands and it turns from a solid into an oil. It feels so luxurious on the skin and I would possibly repurchase it in the future after I've got through some other body moisturisers.

4. DKNY Be Delicious Key Lime is a scent that unfortunately discontinued. This limited edition perfume had a really zingy lime twist to it and I am really disappointed I won't be able to repurchase it :-( That's the problem with limited editions!

5. Garnier Micellar Water (£3.33 here)-great for taking makeup off, I've gone into detail about this before so I won't but it's a repurchase.

6. Neutrogena Visibly Clear Cream Wash (£4.99 hereis what I use to wash my face in the mornings. It contains salicylic acid so helps to keep spots away but it's not drying like some products for acne prone skin can be due to the creamy formula.

7. Nip and Fab Glycolic Scrub Fix (£9.95 here) has become my favourite scrub. It smells fresh and citrusey and exfoliates just enough without being too harsh. I have repurchased this.

8. La Roche Posay Effeclar Mat (£14/ 3 for 2 here) is something I buy over and over as it's a great, lightweight moisturiser for underneath makeup on oilier skins.

9. Soap and Glory Solar Powder (£11/ 3 for 2 here) is a great bronzer for paler skins because it's not too dark or orange. I actually already have another one of these in a palette that was a Christmas gift but I'm considering trying to depot it and glue it into this compact because it would be so much better to fit in my makeup bag.

10. Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer (£23.50 here) is an expensive primer for what it does in my opinion. It does smooth any large pores out but I didn't find that it kept me matte any longer than some much cheaper primers I've tried. The packaging has  changed now, this tube is quite old. There is actually a little bit left in it but I'm binning it because it's out of date. I won't be repurchasing this one.

11. Collection 24 hr Extreme Felt Tip Eye Liner (£2.99 here) is a great budget liquid eyeliner. It is easy to use and stays put well. I would buy this one again but at the moment I have an Eyeko one and I don't use liquid liner all that often. I prefer it to the Eyeko one so will probably repurchase the collection one when it runs out.

12. Sleek Brow Stylist (£5.99 here) is something I've repurchase a few times now and have done again. The pencil end has a slanted tip that makes it easy to use and the other end has a spoolie to brush the product through. I use the shade light.

13. Boots Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara (£6.99/ buy one get one half price here) has become my favourite mascara of the moment so again I have repurchased.

14. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (£3.99 here, usually £4.19) is my favourite concealer for blemishes/ redness as it lasts so well on oily skin. Already repurchased.

15. Collection Perfecting Minerals (£4.99 here) is a handy powder inside a brush. The powder comes down through the brush, which means it's handy for my handbag. It has a little bit of coverage to it so I like using it on top of my makeup if I start losing coverage as my foundation begin to wear off towards the end of a long day. I have repurchased it.

16. Sure Crystal Invisible Antiperspirant (£2 here)-does what it says on the tin and doesn't stain your clothes, which I hate.

17. Nivea Invisible Antiperspirant (£1.05 here)-as above!

18. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (£21 here) settles down my powder so my makeup looks a bit more skin-like and does help my makeup last longer on my oily skin. I am well underway with another one.

19. Batiste Tropical, large 400ml can (£4.99 here). This is something I always have a can of because my hair gets oily by the 2nd day. I'd have to wash my hair every day if it wasn't for this but I can get away with 2-3 times a week using this in between.

Which beauty products have you used up lately?

Em x