top under header

Monday, 25 May 2015

Beauty Empties #10



Yet again I have a bag full of empty products so here we go...

Percy and Reed Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish is a great finishing product, paticularly for waves or curls. I have naturally wavy hair that I like to style to make it a little more curly. I finish by scrunching a little of this into the curls and it enhances them and gives a little hold without being sticky or crunchy. I am already using another tube. It is £10 for 125ml from FeelUnique here.

Herbal Essences Fresh Balance shampoo is one of a could of shampoos I always go back too. It's great for oilier hair that gets greasy quickly and is budget friendly! I pick mine up in the supermarket.

Nivea Express Hydration body lotion is a gel-cream consistency that is nice and light and sinks in quickly. It's great if you don't have particularly dry skin but just want to give your skin a little moisture after a shower, and be able to get dressed quickly. This came in a gift set and I would possibly repurchase it in the future if I was in need of a body lotion. You can find it here for £3.75 (currently on 3 for 2).

Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix Serum is a great smoothing serum with 2% glycolic. It still seems quite gentle on the skin. This is something I have bought several times and I have another one open now. You can find it here for £14.95 (currently on 3 for 2).

Burt's Bees Almond Hand Cream is such a thick, hydrating hand cream that I really like for before bed as it does take a while to sink in. It smells fabulous too! Again already bought another one when I knew I was running low. You can get it here as part of a set that's the same price as the cream on it's own (£9.99) so you're basically getting the lip balm free and the set is also on 3 for 2.

Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body scrub has been mentioned several times on the blog as it's one of my all time favourite body products and smells amazing. This was just a little 50ml travel size one from a gift set that I got through very quickly in about 3 uses. You can find the full size here for £8 (currently on 3 for 2).

Garnier Simple Essentials 2 in 1 makeup remover is a dual phase eye makeup remover that removes stubborn or waterproof makeup easily without being too oily. This is one of those products I go through over and over and always repurchase. Find it here for £2.59 (currently on 3 for 2).

Garnier Micellar Water is great for removing makeup and is something I have repurchased over and over. I will continue to do so! Find it here for £3.32 (usually £4.99).

Superdrug Naturally Radiant hot cloth cleanser is a really nice cleanser that comes with a muslin cloth and is budget friendly. It's a great budget alternative to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, although it doesn't feel as luxurious and doesn't smell quite a nice. I already have another of these as I bought it when it was £5.99 for  or you could buy 2 for £6-I was not leaving the extra one for a penny! I can't find this on their website at the moment so I hope it hasn't been discontinued.

Nip and Fab Glycolic Fix pads are a gentle way to exfoliate the skin without using harsh scrubs. I use these after cleansing at night and am working on a new tub. Find them here for £12.99 (currently on 3 for 2).

Simple Kind to Eyes Balm is a basic eye cream that moisturises the eye area without being too heavy underneath makeup because it sinks in quickly. I have already repurchased it. Get it here for £3.99 (3 for 2).

Dr Bronner's Peppermint Pure Castille Soap is a great product to use for cleaning makeup brushes. This lasted me a long time and I could see myself repurchasing it. Find it here for £5.99.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation is the longest lasting foundation I've ever used. I have the combo-oily skin version (there is also one for drier skins). I like to use quite a small amount and buff it into the skin with a flat topped foundation brush, which I find gives a medium coverage. I wear it a lot for work or particularly long days, since I don't have the time to be constantly touching up my makeup. I have already opened another. Yet again this product is on 3 for 2 at Boots, this time across Revlon (£12.49 here).

Nivea Invisible Deodorant (£2.10 here) does what it says on the tine-keeps me dry and doesn't leave marks on my clothes, which is something that drives me nuts with some deodorants.

Which beauty products have you used up lately?

Em x