top under header

Thursday, 14 May 2015

Bargain Contouring Brush


I've had my eye on a flat contouring brush for a while. I was intrigued by the similarly shaped Real Techniques Flat Contour Brush (£22), but I didn't really want to spend that sort of money on a brush I would probably only use once in a while for evenings out. Day to day I usually do a light contour using a fluffier brush with a swoosh of matte bronzer. For evening, I like to add a bit of a stronger contour and one of my favourite products to do that is NYX Blush (£6 here) in the shade taupe. Up until now i had been using the contour brush from the Real Techniques Core Collection (£21.99), but really I prefer that brush for highlighting.

This bargain brush was from ebay and cost a whole £1.65 with free postage from China (how they manage to sell things that cheaply really is beyond me). You can find it here. It did take a little while to arrive since it came from China but it arrived a few days before the expected arrival date. It is a synthetic brush that is lovely and soft and it fits so well under the cheekbone! It gives quite a sharp contour but is also dense and soft enough to work for blending the line upwards slightly to soften it. Perfect! I've only washed it once so far but it didn't shed. I have a few other cheap ebay brushes that have lasted really well so it wouldn't surprise me if this one did as well.

What do you think? Have you tried any cheap makeup brushes from ebay that you'd recommend?

Em x