top under header

Friday, 1 May 2015

Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow Duos



During my recent rummaging through my beauty stash in an effort to use more of what I have and spend a bit less on makeup, I came across my Bare Minerals Eye Shadow Duos and quite frankly, wondered a) why I hadn't used them more and b) why I hadn't mentioned them on the blog.


Each duo comes in a cute compact with a mirror. Perhaps the only drawback of the packaging is that it has that black slightly rubberised finish, similar to NARS packaging...you know the sort that attracts fingerprints and makeup residue however clean your makeup bag is.


I have 3 duos now, which are all awesome. Top to bottom in the picture above (with the matching swatches to the right) are 'The Perfect Storm' (Cumulus and Tempest), 'The Flashback' (Deja Vu and Amnesia) and 'The Epiphany' (A-ha and Foreshadow). I love 'The Epiphany' for a simple day to day look and 'The Flashback' for a simple silver-grey smokey eye. I sometimes enjoy the simplicity of working with a duo instead of choosing shades from a larger palette.

Each eye shadow is a dream to apply. They are really nicely pigmented and creamy feeling powders that blend nicely and last well applied over my usual eye primer. You can find them for £20 each here or it's also worth checking ebay-I picked up 'The Epiphany' duo for a bargainous £7!

What do you think? Have you tried the Bare Minerals Ready eye shadows?

Em x