top under header

Friday, 22 May 2015

5 Spring/ Summer Fragrances to Try and 25% off at Escentual.com


I thought I'd share 5 of my favourite fragrances at the moment. Bizarrely, despite the fact that I don't often go for celebrity fragrances, 2 of these are celebrity endorsed. However, I like them purely because of the smell-it's absolutely nothing to do with the celebrities who've put their names to them.


One that I'm wearing a lot at the moment is Marc Jacobs Dot. It's a lovely fruity-floral scent with Red Berries and dragon fruit as the top notes, heart notes of Jasmine honeysuckle and orange blossom and base notes of driftwood and musk. Escentual.com currently have 25% off everything when you enter the code 'Escentual25', making it £37.50 for a 50ml bottle instead of £50! Find it here.


Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola! is another of my favourites and is actually the scent I wore on my wedding day so it's a quite special scent for me. This is another fruity-floral but to me, you can really smell the raspberry in it. It has top notes of pear and raspberry, heart notes of peony, magnolia and cyclamen and base notes of sandalwood, tonka bean and vanilla. Escentual also have this one here, full price £49 for 50ml or the price with the code is £36.75.


Third, we have Ralph Lauren  Pony Collection Pink. This is yet another fruity-floral (are you seeing a pattern yet?!) that smells so juicy. It has top notes of dragonfruit, mandarin, guava and waterlily, heart notes of lily of the valley, magnolia and honeysuckle and base notes of sandalwood, vanilla extract, marshmallow and musk. This one is £43.01 on Escentual.com full price making it £32.25. Find it here.


Beyonce Pulse is a very fresh, citrusey perfume that doesn't last all that long on my skin, but since it is a cheaper frangrance I don't mind so much. According to the Boots website, it has notes of pear blossom, blue curaco, bergamot, peony and blooming jasmine, but to me it is most definitely a citrus scent. It's something I like to wear for work quite a lot because it isn't over powering and I don't feel like I'm wasting my more expensive perfumes. The cheapest I can find this is through Fragrance Direct here, where you can get a huge 100ml bottle for just £12.50!


Live by Jennifer Lopez is quite an old celebrity scent now and isn't really one I hear mentioned. As a result, you can usually get it on some sort of offer, particularly online. It is a very juicy, tropical smelling fruity scent with notes that include Sicilian lemon, Italian orange, pineapple, redcurrant, peony, violet, tonka bean and sandalwood. Personally I don't smell much floral in this one, it's more just fruity in my opinion. I think of this one as the perfect holiday scent, maybe because I first bought it while on holiday in Tenerife with my best friend (our first girly holiday), so it's quite nostalgic to me. I suspect that it may have been discontinued judging by its availability but it is availble via Fragrance Direct, 50ml for £14.99 here and a massive 100ml for £19.99 here.


Have you tried any of these? What are your favourite Spring/ Summer perfumes?

Em x