top under header

Wednesday, 8 April 2015

The Spring Tag


I've seen this tag going around in the blogging world and after reading Zoe's version here and thinking about how much I'm enjoying our current Spring weather, I thought I'd do it too so here we go...

1 . What three colours remind you of Spring?

Mint Green as far as clothes go (I'm sat here wearing a mint green top as I type this post). Where makeup is concerned, I love to start wearing pink and coral on my lips and cheeks, it just brightens up the face so much (see my 'Pretty in Pink' post here).

2. What is the first thing you add to your Spring wardrobe?

Pastel coloured tops, my favourite kimono and a pair of white plimsolls. I recently did a post about some of my recent Spring fashion favourites here.

3. What is the first item that you ditch from your wardrobe to make it more Spring-like?

My fleecy lined Next parka coat that I have been wearing through Autumn and Winter. I've been opting for something lighter in the last week as it's got quite a bit warmer here. I've just ordered this lightweight jacket (also available in pale pink here) that was in the sale on the Debenhams website, reduced from £49 to £14.70, bargain!

4. What are your ultimate nude and bright lipsticks?

I'm going to cheat and give some lip products rather than strictly lipsticks because my favourite ever more nude type shades are the soap and glory gloss sticks in the shades nudist (slightly more browny/peachy nude) and bashful (more on the pink side). They are so moisturising! I also really like Boots 17 'Belle' and Estee Lauder 'Crystal Baby', which are both more of your 'my lips but better' type shades rather than a pale concealer type nude. I can't really wear those, they just make me look ill. 

As for brights, it's not that often that I wear a bold lip because I generally prefer for the focus to be on my eyes. When I do, though, I do like a nice coral like Rimmel Kate's lipstick in shade 16 or a brighter pink like 02 from the same range (see my post about my Rimmel Kate lipsticks here). I also really like the coral from Maybelline's colour drama pencils range, which you can see my review of here.

5. What is your signature Spring fragrance?

I love Marc Jacobs Oh Lola for Spring and Summer-a floral-fruity perfume that I actually wore on our wedding day :-)

6. What do you add or drop from your skin care routine?

I don't change much because my skin is combo-oily all year but I do change to using the Murad oil control mattifier as my moisturiser underneath my makeup during the warmer months. It really does help to control oil.

7. Do you change your hair up in Spring?

Not as a rule because my hair is its natural colour, but I have been experimenting with different types of braids lately and I have been enjoying changing things up a bit.

8. Are there any exciting beauty releases that you can’t wait for?

I can't wait for the new shades of the Clinique cheek pop blushes to be released. I have 3 out of the 4 they released last year and boy have they been used. The formula is almost matte but with a slight sheen-hard to explain but it just makes my cheeks look slightly glowy withoout being shimmery, which is great for oily skinned girls. I also love the flower design on the top, perfect for Spring! I'm hoping the new shades for this year will be just as nice.

9. What are your three favourite nail colours for Spring?

I love a brighter pink on my nails, mint green or lilac. I'm really into pastel nails with a bit of glitter at the moment. In fact I might do a post on my favourite Spring nail polishes soon :-).

10. Who do I tag?

I've seen a few people do this tag now but I can't remember exactly who...so I'm just going to say that I tag everyone reading who has a blog. Please leave a link below if you do it so I can have a read :-)

Em x