top under header

Thursday, 23 April 2015

Percy and Reed Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing Polish


It occurred to me this morning while trying to sort out my mop that the Percy and Reed Quite Frankly Flawless Finishing polish is something I use a LOT. It's also something that I originally got as a sample with Glamour magazine and am still buying years later...so clearly their marketing strategies worked!

The Finishing Polish is a thick white cream with a bit of hold that I love to use on my wavy/ curly hair. I have naturally wavy hair that I usually twist up into a bun before going to bed. This enhances the waves/ makes it slightly more curly. I occasionally like to use hot rollers to add in some extra volume.

Either way, I finish off by putting a little into the palm of behind and rubbing my hands together to spread it out. I then scrunch it into the lengths of my hair to give it a little bit of hold and an extra bit of 'oomph' (yes that is a technical term lol). It gives me more hold than I would get from a softer hold, non-crunchy sort of hairspray (which is the only sort of hairspray I'm really willing to use). It also helps to define waves and curls and takes away frizz. It doesn't weigh down my hair or make it feel greasy or crunchy. Percy and Reed say that its 'moisturising oils work to smooth the hair and combat flyaways' and it's 'ideal for hair that needs to be smoothed, controlled and defined'. I'd say that's pretty accurate!

It's such an essential for me that I've honestly lost count of the number of tubes I've got through! You can find it on Feel Unique and it costs £10 for a 125ml tube (link) that lasts me a few months.

What do you think? Have you ever tried Percy and Reed hair products?

Em x