top under header

Thursday, 30 April 2015

New In: Urban Decay Jilted



I'm not normally a bold lips person but for some reason I've been fancying trying a couple of brighter lippies lately for Spring/ Summer. I've been enjoying Urban Decay's 'Streak' lip liner and matching Revolution lipstick, which are a fabulous coral shade. I also like the formula generally, so much so that I actually wore the shade 'Naked' (a nude pink) on my wedding day.

Last week Groupon were running an offer were you could buy a £25 FeelUnique voucher for £15 and knowing that I wanted to try another shade, this was the perfect opportunity.

Left: Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in 'Jilted'
Right: Urban Decay 24/7 lip liner in 'Jilted'
The Urban Decay 24/7 lip liners are THE secret to long lasting lippy I swear. I never really used to see the point of lip liner but these changed my mind. I now own 3 of them and they are the only thing that has ever meant that my lippy stays put for a whole evening out. I outline my lips then fill them in all over before applying the lipstick, which I wouldn't necessarily do on an everyday basis but it's great when you want your lippy to really last. They have a slightly tacky feel which seems to help the lipstick adhere really well and stick around for a long time. I also like to combine them with other brands of lipsticks to help the lasting power.

Jilted is an interesting shade. It's a deeper pink that could almost be pinky red. The lipstick is so pigmented and creamy feeling. It has a blue shift to it which gives an interesting twist and makes it appear slightly more fuchsia...you know that shade of pink that has a slight tinge of purple...I love it!

Urban Decay 24/7 lip liner in 'Jilted'

Urban Decay 24/7 in 'Jilted' with matching Urban Decay 'Jilted' lipstick on top
You can see that it's very intense with both the liner and lipstick applied. Below is the lipstick on its own which still packs a punch. Personally I prefer it with the liner just because I'm not the best at applying bolder lipsticks neatly without it.

Urban Decay 'Jilted' lipstick applied on its own, without any liner
You can find the Urban Decay lip liners here for £12.50 and the Revolution lipsticks here for £15.50.

Have you tried this shade or the Urban Decay range of lipsticks? What do you think?

Em x