top under header

Thursday, 16 April 2015

Garnier Micellar Water...in a wipe?


I came across these in Superdrug recently and considering that the Garnier micellar water is one of my skincare essentials for removing makeup, that they were on a half price offer and I needed some wipes, I thought they'd be a good thing to try. Now before all the face wipe haters who think it's going to make my face fall off complain....I like having wipes to a) occasionally use them as an emergency measure and b) to remove the bulk of my makeup before cleansing properly with something else when I want to be quick. I don't ordinarily use them as my only cleansing method, which a lot of people make the mistake of doing.

I was slightly doubtful of whether these would actually be soaked in Garnier's micellar water so I checked and compared the ingredients and it turns out that they're actually pretty similar. The micellar water itself has a few more ingredients than the wipes low down the list but the major ones are the same. They are fragrance, alcohol and colourant free, which all seems good.

As for how they perform...they claim to remove waterproof eye makeup, which for me they don't but neither do any other wipes. I am not one to remove my eye makeup with wipes anyway, preferring to use a separate eye makeup remover to avoid tugging on the delicate skin in my eye area. They did, however, remove my face makeup like any other wipe but the major difference was that they felt MUCH less drying than a lot of other wipes I've tried (and I've tried quite a lot). So for that reason alone I would be happy to buy them again.

What do you think? Do you ever use face wipes or avoid them all together?

Em x