top under header

Saturday, 18 April 2015

Beauty Empties #8


Yet again I had a bag full of empty products so here are my thoughts on each...

1. The Body Shop sweet lemon shower gel. I generally love bath and body products from the Body Shop. This actually used to be my favourite scent before they discontinued it. I of course stocked up but have used so much of the stuff that I got a bit bored of the smell towards the end (this is one of the supersize pump bottles). I actually have a smaller bottle of it left so I'm either going to just not use it for a while or give it away. Do you find you get bored of scents?

2. Treacle Moon Warm Cinnamon Nights bath and shower gel. I LOVE the smell of this and would definitely repurchase it if I was in need of a bubble bath in the future (although I'm not at the moment). It has an amazing spiced orange sort of smell that I loved around Christmas time and made me feel all cosy. I thought I'd use the last bit up because it's not really the sort of scent I'd enjoy in the Summer. I can find treacle moon products in Tesco and they all smell delicious!

3. Champneys Distant Shores Bubble Heaven. This not only makes bubbles but also turns the water slightly milky and moisturising. It smells amazing too, just like a tropical island. I would happily buy this again if I was in need of a bubble bath.

4. Max Factor All Day Primer. I won't say too much because I've mentioned this before but I will say that it really does help makeup last longer, doesn't feel greasy like some primers do and as a bonus contains SPF 20. I am already using another.

5. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Again this does what it says on the tin-keeps my face looking quite matte without getting cakey. It's also a bargain at £3.99 from Boots or Superdrug and I'm already using another.

6. Makeup Revolution eye shadow in the shade 'Touch Me'. I did a post on this here because it's a very useful matte ivory shade that's super creamy and pigmented and is a perfect dupe of MAC blanc type...plus it costs £1! I'm well underway using another.

7. Clarins Lotus Oil. This oil is amazing for oily skin, It actually makes my skin less oily while moisturising it, which might seem strange but it really works! You can read more about it in my post here. I've just repurchased it because although it's around the £30 mark, it lasts forever as you only need a few drops to cover your face.

8. La Roche Posay Serozinc. I use this after an acidic, exfoliating toner as a hydrating toner and also as a soothing anti-spot product since it cotains zinc. I bought it after reading about it on the amazing Caroline Hirons' blog and have since repurchased. It feels so soothing on the skin and helps calm down any irritation.

9. Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 makeup remover. This is a budget friendly waterproof makeup remover that makes short work of eye makeup and doesn't leave too much of an oily residue. HG product that I have and will continue to repurchase over and over.

10. Garnier Micellar water. This is great for removing face makeup and again is another HG product that I will continue to repurchase.

11. ASDA's own brand shave gel. I normally buy just a supermarket's own one because I don't think there's much you can do to a shave gel to make it much different from the rest. This one costs £1, does the job and has a yummy berry smell so you can't go wrong.

12. Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm (pot version). Again this is something I've mentioned several times but all you need to know is that it's the most moisturising lip balm I've found and I use it everyday, morning and night. You can see my review and comparison of this and the stick version here.

13. Beyonce heat rush perfume 100ml. I liked the smell of this, it's a really fruity, juicy fragrance that's obviously quite affordable being a celebrity perfume. Sometimes I like wearing a cheaper one for work etc because I feel like I'm wasting my more expensive ones using them for work. It's not my favourite ever perfume but it was nice. I'm not looking to repurchase any perfumes at the moment as I have a few I want to use up but I'd consider buying it again.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think? Which beauty products have you finished lately?

Em x