top under header

Saturday, 21 March 2015

Pretty in Pink


There's something so refreshing about a bit of pink on my lips and cheeks in the Spring and I've been wearing it a lot lately, so I thought I'd share my current favourite pink make up products...


Left to right:
  • Illamasqua powder blush in Nymph is a slightly lilac-y matte pink that looks slightly doll like on fair skin. It looks gorgeous applied with a light hand. I like to top it with a little highlighter.
  • Max Factor Creme Puff blush in 'Lovely Pink' is a gorgeous pale peachy pink that has glow to it without being too shimmery. This formula is one of my favourites at the moment and you can see a full review of it here.
  • Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 'Seductive Pink' is slightly darker with a slighty more coral-pink tone.
  • Clinique cheek pop blush in 'plum pop' is one of my absolute favourites and is very well used. It has a lovely satin finish-it just has a slight glow to it that stops your cheeks looking flat but isn't shimmery. I also love the fresh pink shade.
  • Sleek blush in Pixie Pink is SUPER pigmented. I use it with a stippling brush to avoid over applying it. It would look great on darker skins for this reason but it also looks lovely on fairer skins, just proceed with caution!


Left to right:
  • MAC lipstick in Creme Cup is a paler, baby pink. I have been using this a lot with the Clinique cheek pop on my cheeks so I imagine this will be in my favourites at the end of the month!
  • KIKO Smart lipstick in 911 is a medium pink with a nourishing formula. It's an easy to wear shade that brightens up the face.
  • Revlon lip butter in Lollipop is a bright pink that is actually very pigmented considering the idea behind these was that they were somewhere between a balm and a lipstick. I like to pat it on and blend it in with my finger to make it a bit more wearable for everyday purposes at work etc. For evening or if I want to go for a fun bold lip, I would wear it more full on.
  • Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick in Bashful is a sheer, super moisturising formula that offers a lot of gloss without being goopy or sticky. It comes across as a wearable baby pink on the lips.
  • Boots No 7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink (mine is a mini size from a Christmas set) is another sheer formula, similar to the Soap and Glory but this one is slightly darker in colour.
  • Clinique chubby stick in Pudgy Peony is an easy to wear brighter pink. For me, there is just enough pigment in it to qualify as a brighter lip while still being very wearable for every day.


Left to right:
  • Tanya Burr lip gloss in Picnic in the park is a lovely medium pink that really brightens the face.
  • Revlon  super lustrous lip gloss in pink pop is slightly brighter and again, very brightening.
  • Revlon Colorstay moisture stain  in LA Exclusive leaves a stain behind once the gloss is gone. The formula is a bit funny with this one-I feel like I need to really work it into the lips to get it even, but it's worth it once it's on.
  • Too Faced Melted lipstick in Melted Peony is a long wearing liquid lipstick that I love the colour of. I did a review of it here.
TheBalm Downboy blush is also amazing. I forgot to include it in the pictures but you can see a review here.
What are your favourite pink make up products for Spring?

Em x