top under header

Saturday, 7 March 2015

Mother's Day Gift Guide

Since Mother's day is coming up (in the UK, anyway), I thought I'd put together a few gift ideas...


If your mum is a makeup lover, then a palette such as the Urban Decay Naked palette (£38 here) or Too Faced Chocolate bar palette (£39 here) would be lovely. If you're looking for a more budget option, you could gather a few 'drugstore)' products you think your mum would like and make a little gift set of your own, you could include however many products you like and a pretty makeup bag. Pictured above are a few of my drugstore favourites including Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer (£5.49/ 2 for £10 here), Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in shade 04 (£7.99/ 3 for 2 here), Seventeen Falsifeye HD mascara (£6.99/ buy one get one half price here), MUA pro eye primer (£2.50 here) and the Max Factor creme puff blushes (£8.99 here). Boots currently have a gift with purchase offer when you spend £15 on Max Factor so you could buy couple of things and bulk it out with the free full size bits you'll get, which include a lipstick, a nail polish and a mascara. Sounds like a good deal to me!



If your mum likes a bit of a luxury pamper, I think L'occitane is a great brand to go for where bath and body is concerned. Marks and Spencers have a few gift sets available, some of which don't seem to be available elsewhere. Personally I like the Verbena scent, which is a lovely fresh lemony scent to wake you up in the mornings. The Verbena gift set is available here for £20. I also love the hand creams from L'occitane, which are great quality, very moisturising and smell amazing too. They have a set of 3 available here for £22.

If she likes to read, then a bit of 'chick lit' so she can have a bit of me time reading a girly book would be a good option. I'd personally recommend Marian Keyes-I love her Irish sense of humour, which really comes across in her writing. I've read a lot of her books so any would be good but 'The Brightest Star In The Sky' is currently a mear £1.50 here on Amazon. Failing that, a book on a subject she's particularly interested in would also be a thoughtful gift.

There aren't many people who don't enjoy a bit of chocolate every now and then but I think Thornton's is a good place to go for gifts. You can find the 'I <3 Mum' truffles here for £3.50 and the alphabet truffles, which you can personalise with your own message, here for £15.


A fail safe option is a pretty picture frame with photos of your mum with you/ your siblings/ your family. All mums love to look at pictures of their children so I don't think you can go wrong. I like this silver toned heart frame with room for two photos. It's £10 from Wilko and is something I own myself, I just need to get around to putting some pictures in, as you can see.

What do you think? What will you be buying your mum this year?

Em x