top under header

Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Max Factor is Coming Up Rosy

Swatches left to right: Excess Shimmer eye shadow 'copper'/ Creme Puff blush 'lovely pink'/ Ciolour Elixir lipstick 'star dust pink'

I recently picked up a couple of Max Factor items from Boots. I had my eye on some things anyway but the great Gift With Purchase that Boots have at the moment made it all the more tempting. You get 3 full size items worth £27 in their 'Coming Up Rosy' set when you spend £15. I also picked all this up free with my Advantage card points, even better! ;-)

I have a bit of an obsession with the Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes. I wrote a full review of some other shades I already have here and I actually have a bit of a collection now. They have a lovely texture a bit of a glow to them without being overly shimmery. This time I picked up the shade 'Lovely Pink', which is a baby pink shade with a slight bit of peach in it.

I have been meaning to pick up the Max Factor Excess Shimmer eye shadow in the shade 'Copper' for a while now. I swatched it in Superdrug a few weeks back but someone had dug their finger in the only one left other than the tester (why people do that when there's a tester I'll never know). This is a mousse consistency shadow that is a gorgeous colour. It is more of a taupe really though, copper is definitely not the most appropriate name for it.

In the Gift With Purchase, I first received the False Lash Effect 24 hour Mascara (which should be £11.99). I love trying mascaras, especially ones that promise to give volume and be long lasting so I will definitely be using this once I've used up a couple of other mascaras I currently have open. Next is the Glossfinity Nail Polish in the shade 'Pink'd'. Again, Max Factor has given it a strange shade name-this nail polish is very peach and not at all pink. This isn't really my type of shade so I imagine I will pass this to a friend/ family member, but it is normally £5.99. Finally I got the Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick (normally £7.99) in the shade 'Star Dust Pink', which seems from swatching it like it has a nice smooth texture and would be a great everyday soft pink shade. As well as these goodies there was a £2 voucher off a Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer (which is an everyday esential for me so no doubt I will use it for that), the All Day Flawless Foundation or the Skin Luminizer Foundation.

I was pretty impressed with the current gift with purchase! I'm not sure when it runs until but it is still available online as detailed here and was still in my local store yesterday, definitely worth a look!

What do you think? Do you have any favourite Max Factor products? 

Em x