top under header

Thursday, 19 March 2015

L'oreal Colour Riche Exclusive Nudes


Before we begin...please excuse the slightly chapped lips in the photos above...I have managed to get all the way through Winter without any chapped lips but I recently got a bit lazier with the lip balm, thinking it was warming up...but the last few days it's actually been pretty chilly and this happened. I intend to sort them out tonight with a lip scrub and Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm!

Anyway, that aside, the L'oreal Colour Riche Exclusive Nudes lipsticks have been out for a while I think, but I'd never noticed them before. I actually went to the L'oreal stand in my local Boots for a foundation I wanted to try (review coming up when I've had the chance to give it a good go) but I spotted this range of nude lipsticks. It's quite unusual to get a range of different nudes in 1 lipstick line where 'drugstore' brands are concerned, so I thought I'd try them out. The fact that L'oreal was on 3 for 2 and I had a lot of Boots Advantage card points to spend helped tempt me in too! lol.

I chose the shades 'Julianne's nude', which is more of a pink-nude and 'Eva's Nude', which is more peachy/ brown based. I love the colours and I think the concept is great. Each shade is designed with a celebrity in mind so in theory, you could pick the celebrity with the skin tone nearest to our own and it should suit you. Saying that, I definitely don't have the skin tone of Eva Longoria and still like the shade, so there might be other shades that will suit you as well.

The packaging feels quite luxurious for a £6.99 lipstick. The drawback to it, however, is that it has that Nars-esque rubbery finish, meaning that it may become grubby over time, attracting fingerprints and any makeup debris in your makeup bag. I can look past that but it might bother some people.

As the pictures demonstrate, the lipsticks do cling to any dry areas so really aren't the most flattering on dry lips. It is best to make sure your lips are in good condition before wearing them. Or, you could put a little bit of a moisturising gloss on top to give it more of a smooth finish if your lips aren't in the best of condition.

Something you need to be aware of about these lipsticks is the fragrance. I didn't think to smell them in the shop but after getting them home I realised that they've got that sort of old granny floral lipstick sort of smell. It sort of reminds me of Parma Violet sweets, which I don't like. That said, the smell/ taste doesn't seem to last long on the lips.

I feel like it sounds like I'm bashing these lipsticks but actually I don't regret picking them up. Overall, although they aren't necessarily my favourite formula, I think they're worth a look for the shades if you like nudes and want options at a reasonable price. There often aren't many nude options at the drugstore other than one standard beige shade that just doesn't cut it on every skin tone.

Have you tried these lipsticks? What do you think?

Em x