top under header

Friday, 6 March 2015

Easy Nail Art: Glitter Gradient


Readers of my blog might well know that I'm a bit of a magpie where sparkle is concerned and nails are no exception. I spoke in my last couple of nail posts here and here about my recent love for pastel shades combined with glitter and these glitter gradient nails are a slight variation on it. Here's how I did it...

Step 1: Apply a coloured polish. I chose Maybelline's 'Mint for Life' (£4.49 and on 3 for 2 here)

Step 2: Apply a fine silver glitter to the top half of the nail. I used Model's Own 'Juicy Jules' (£4.99 here)

Step 3: Apply a more chunky silver glitter polish to the nail tips (I like to paint it onto around 1 third of the nail). I used Model's Own 'Blizzard' (£4.99 here)

I love this easy technique. Whenever I wear it people ask me if I've had my nails done but actually it requires less skill that you'd think!

What do you think? 

Em x