top under header

Saturday, 28 March 2015

Beauty Favourites: March 2015


I know this is a bit cliche to say but I seriously do not know where the months are going. March was a very stressful month for me so I'm hoping for a better April. Anyway, here are the beauty products I've enjoyed the most this month...

MAC creme cup lipstick (£15.50 here) is such a pretty baby pink for Spring. I have been loving pink lips and cheeks lately (See my 'pretty in pink' post here). I also found an amazing drugstore dupe for it if you want a more budget friendly alternative (see the post here).

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 'Eastend Snob' (£3.99 here). This is a lovely pink shade that I love to pair with creme cup (or any other light pink/ pink nude shade) when I want a more defined look and a more longlasting finish. I like that it's twist up because I don't have to worry about sharpeners, just be carefully not to twist up too much as it does snap off quite easily when you do.

Clinique cheek pop in plum pop (£16.50 here). I have lost count of the number of times I have mentioned this on the blog but honestly it is something that I keep coming back to and it has been used to death-it's definitely looking a little worse for wear, as you can tell. For those who don't know they have a really pretty flower design on the top, which is completely gone. It has an unusual finish that is almost matte but with a slight glow to it. I say glow because it's not shimmer and you don't see particles of sparkle on your cheeks, it just literally looks like you have healthy, glowy skin.

Max Factor creme puff blushes (£8.99 here). 
I mentioned the shade 'seductive pink' in last month's favourites post but I have since picked up more of these and they really are one of my favourite blush formulas. You can see a more full review of them here but again they are a glowy formula (a bit more so than the Clinique). It's so strange that I'm finding myself reaching for glowy blushes because as a combo/ oily skinned girl, I used to stick to matte. These days I like to keep my t-zone matte and allow my cheeks to have a bit more of a glow as it just makes my skin look a bit more fresh.

Soap and Glory's sugar crush range has got to be my favourite ever scent as far as bath and body products go. They have a sweet yet zingy lime scent that is AMAZING. I have gone back to using the body wash (£6.50 here), scrub (£8 here) and body butter (£10.50 here) this month and have really been enjoying them, particularly for morning showers because they make me feel so much more awake. There's also something very Spring-like about a nice fruity scent.

What were your favourite beauty products this month?

Em x