top under header

Saturday, 21 March 2015

Beauty Empties #7: Skincare, Bodycare, Toiletries and perfume



This is part 2 of the beauty products I've recently used up. This time we're talking skincare, bodycare and toiletries. Here are the products I've used up and what I thought of them...


Skincare
  • Simple kind to eyes balm. This is a simple (sorry for the pun) eye cream that just injects a bit of moisture into the eye area without being heavy. It absorbs quickly so it great to use in the morning underneath makeup. This is something I've repurchased many times and I'm already on my next tube.
  • Simple age resisting eye cream. Again, this is quite a lightweight cream and isn't a super heavy anti aging eye cream but is supposed to be a preventative measure, which I like the idea of. I use this one in the evening and again have repurchased it already.
  • Garnier Micellar water. This is a staple for me and is great for removing makeup. You get a lot for your money, too, at under a fiver for a 400ml bottle. I'm actually near the end of another one now, it's taken so long for me to get around to doing this post lol.
  • Garnier simply essentials 2 in 1 makeup remover x 2. This is such a good eye makeup remover at a budget price. It's one of those dual phase ones you shake up and it gets even waterproof and havy eye makeup off really easily. Already repurchased.
  • Neutrogena Visibly clear cream wash. This is my favourite morning time face wash. It contains salicylic so is good for oilier skins prone to breakouts like mine but doesn't dry the skin out too much like a lot of products aimed at my skin type, due to its creamy texture. Already repurchased.
  • Nip and Fab Glycolic fix exfoliating pads. These are a super easy way to put an exfoliating toner into your routine. These are gentle enough to use every day and I have repurchased them already.
  • Nip and Fab Glycolic fix serum. This is a little stronger than the pads in terms of glycolic content and is just another easy way of chemically exfoliating. Again I have repurchased.
  • La Roche Posay Mat moisturiser. Another staple for me-I use this underneath my makeup. It's a gel-cream texture that's not too heavy or greasy on oily skin.
  • ASDA Skin System sensitive face wipes. These are £1 and I actually really like them. They're really wet compared to some wipes which means it's easier to get the bulk of my make up off without rubbing my skin too hard. I use wipes to get the bulk off then go in with a cleanser aftwerwards so my skin is actually being cleaned too.
  • Spa (at Home Bargains) fragrance free face wipes. I prefer the ASDA ones but these ones are super bargainous and do the job. I'm not too fussy about face wipes really as long as they get the bulk of my face makeup off.
Bodycare, Toiletries and Perfume
  • The Body Shop coconut body butter. This is my favourite Body Shop scent and the body butters are super moisturising, you can't go wrong! I will buy this again but not just now because I have lots of body products to use up.
  • Radox shower smoothies shower gel. I like the smell of this one but wasn't really fussed on the seeds in it. There aren't enough to really give any exfoliation so they just end up being annoying bits in an otherwise nice, creamy shower gel. I'm pretty sure it came in a gift set and I don't think I'd buy this again.
  • Marc Jacobs Lola EDP 50ml. This is quite a floral perfume, I used to love it but once Oh Lola came out I discovered that I preferred that one so I don't think I'd buy it again. If you like florals it's a nice one, but I prefer floral-fruity.
  • L'occitaine Jasmine Passion hand cream. I think this may have been a limited edition scent but I love the l'occitaine hand creams in general. The 30ml ones are perfect for handbags. I'd definitely buy them again but for now I'm using up some others.
  • Mitchum anti persperant roll-on. I'd read about how good mitchum was and honestly I wasn't impressed. It did the job but left a lot of white marks on my clothes and was just annoying really, I won't repurchase it.
  • Nivea Invisible anti persperant roll-on. I quite like this one. There's not a lot to say apart from the fact that it works and doesn't leave marks on my clothes. I go between this and the sure one generally.
  • Sure crystal anti persperant roll-on. As above!

Which beauty products have you used up lately?

Em x