top under header

Friday, 20 March 2015

Beauty Empties #6: Make up and Hair Care


Wow have I used up a LOT of empty beauty products lately, so much so that I've split it into 2 posts, this being the first of the two. They've been building up for a while and I had a bag full so I thought it was time to tell you about the products I've used up and what I thought of them...

Make up
  • Urban Decay All Nighter spray. I use this most days as it helps keep my makeup on for longer, it really does work! I'm half way through my next bottle.
  • Maybelline brow drama gel. I won't be repurchasing this one because I really didn't like the applicator, which has a weird ball on the end of it. It's near impossible to apply it neatly.
  • Collection lasting perfection concealer. Holy grail concealer for redness and blemishes. I'm halfway through my next tube. I wouldn't use it under the eyes though as it's a bit drying for that.
  • Rimmel wake me up concealer. Great for under the eyes. This has a light texture and a bit of a glow to it. I would repurchase this but I'm currently using Rimmel match perfection concealer instead.
  • Rimmel brow this way. I prefer this brow gel to the maybelline version and it's a good colour for me. I have already repurchased.
  • Soap and Glory sexy mother pucker gloss stick in shade 'bashful'. This is one of my favourite lip products ever and one that never leaves my handbag. I'm already using another.
  • Sleek brow stylist. This is a great easy to use twist up brow pencil with a slanted tip and a spoolie on the other end. It does the job nicely and is a good price, I've already repurchased.
  • Revlon Colorstay foundation (combo/ oily). My go to foundation. The shade buff is a good colour match for me and it lasts through a work day on my combo/ oily skin when not much else does. I've started a new bottle.
  • Max Factor Facefinity All Day primer. This really does help make up last and I like that it has SPF20. It has some silicone in it but not too much so it gives a bit of slip to your foundation without making it feel like my foundation's going to slide off, which a lot of primers do.
  • Rimmel moisture renew lipstick in soft coral. I'm throwing this one away because it's so old but I did enjoy the colour whne I bought it. The packaging on these has changed and I don't think the shade is even available any more.
  • Real Techniques miracle sponge. As you can see this has a chunk out of it now from repeated washing so I'm throwing this one out. I have 2 others so it's not urgent but I'll probably pick up another to replace it as I use them everyday and don't want to have to wash them every day.
Hair Care
  • Tresemme deep cleansing shampoo. This is a great value deep cleansing shampoo that removes oil and build up. I like to use it once or sometimes twice a week since I have quite oily hair. It's a staple item for me and I will be buying it again.
  • Batiste Tropical, large can. Again, this is down to my oily hair and it's a lifesaver. I'm already using my next can.
  • Aussie miracle hair insurance leave in conditioner. I love this for detangling my hair after I wash it. I spray it in and use a wide toothed comb and it gets the tangles out so much easier while also adding extra moisture. I will buy this again but not yet as I'm using up a Boots own one I already had, but I prefer the Aussie one.
  • Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protectant. This is an essential for me that I buy over and over. It really does protect my hair from the heat. I use heat on my hair 2-3 times a week and my hairdresser always comments on the good consition of my hair so it must at least help.

Which beauty products have you used up lately?

Em x