top under header

Sunday, 22 March 2015

Affordable drugstore dupe: MAC creme cup lipstick


 In the above pictures I'm wearing two different lipsticks, but you really wouldn't know it, even in real life. I was trying on the Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in the shade 'star dust pink', when I thought to myself that the colour and the creamy texture seemed very familiar...and it's because it's almost identical to MAC's creme cup lipstick. I actually got the Max Factor one completely free as part of the gift with purchase that Boots recently had running, but it's normally £7.99. It's now on 3 for 2 at Boots. The MAC shade is available here for £15.50-almost double the price!

They look quite similar in the bullets and swatched on my hand...


Just to make sure, I applied the Max Factor onto 1 half of my lips and MAC on the other half...


I think you'll agree that on the lips, it's pretty difficult to tell the difference! I think maybe the Max Factor looks EVER SO SLIGHTLY more blue toned in real life but they really are so similar.

Do you know of any other good, more affordable dupes of MAC lipsticks?

Em x