top under header

Monday, 2 March 2015

5 Purse-Friendly Spring Lip Products

swatches in daylight, left to right: Tanya Burr picnic in the park, Revlon moisture stain LA exclusive, L'oreal rouge caresse dating coral, Kiko smart lipstick 911, Rimmel Kate 16

Now that it's March, I can't wait for Spring to properly arrive. Here in the UK it's a funny mixture at the moment. I am seeing the daffodils begin to grow (a definite sign of Spring) and th sun is shining at times but yesterday it was hailing and sleeting. I'm hoping that it will start to warm up a little bit soon and I'm raring to go with my favourite Springtime lippies so I thought I'd share. It's always nice to find a lovely yet purse-friendly product too, isn't it?...

Tanya Burr's lip gloss in the shade 'picnic in the park' ( £6.99 here) is such a face brightening shade that has a bit of tackiness to it to help it stay put, but isn't overly sticky (I cannot deal with the hair in lipgloss situation).

Revlon Moisture Stain in the shade in the shade LA Exclusive (£.7.99 but on 3 for 2 here) is a more blue tones pink gloss that leaves behind a pretty stain once the gloss wears off. The texture of this one takes a bit of getting used to as you really need to work it into the lips to make it look even, but once it's on it's lovely and worth the effort in my opinion.

L'oreal Rouge Caresse lipstick in the shade Dating Coral (£7.99 but on 3 for 2 here) is a sheer, glossy coral that's very easy to wear. I can even slap this one on without a mirror.

Kiko lipstick in shade 911'Watermelon'( £3.90 here) is a sheer yet buildable medium to brighter pink that I really love, I bought this last Summer and wore it a lot. It will deinitely be coming out this year. I really like the nourishing texture of the Kiko Smart lipsticks, despite their bargainous price!

Rimmel Kate lipstick in shade 16 (£5.49 or 2 for £10 here) is my favourite coral lipstick I've ever owned. It's such a beautiful Spring/ Summer colour and looks so pretty with a sweep of coral blush. I also find this one quite long lasting, which makes sense since it's from the lasting finish range.

Have you tried any of these lip products? What are your favourite lip products for Spring?

Em x