top under header

Sunday, 8 February 2015

The perfect travel makeup and brush bag


I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for a way to travel with my makeup and brushes without getting anything damaged/ squashed, particularly my brushes. I don't like to just throw them into a makeup bag with everything else because they usually arrive at my destination all misshapen. I recently came across this 'makeup brush folio case' on Amazon and thought it would be the perfect solution. When I travel, I like to have room for the brushes I normally use day to day plus a small amount of makeup-usually one of everything I normally use plus maybe an extra lippy to change it up.


The case has loads of room to slot your brushes in with a variety of pocket sizes. It will hold brushes with thicker handles such as the Real Techniques powder brush no problem, as well as slimmer brushes. It also has a few other pockets so I will (hopefully) be well organised the next time I go away. I imagine that I will put my lash curler in the top pocket on the left and a smaller palette like the Too Faced Natural Eyes or Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette in the pocket on the right. The pouch in the middle is on poppers so it can easily be removed if you do happen to want to just carry your brushes in this little contraption, but that is where I'd put the rest of my makeup, as I have done in the pictures above. You can also place makeup similar to the shape of a brush such as mascara, lipgloss, eye pencils etc into the brush slots because there are a lot of them and I can't imagine that I would need to fill them all with brushes.

As you can see, there is plenty of room to fit the brushes and makeup I'd need for a week or 2 away and my brushes won't just be thrown into a makeup bag getting squashed and mishapen. Yet at the same time, it's still reasonably compact. Perfect!

You can find the case here on Amazon. As I'm writing this, it's £15.89, although it was only around £12 when I bought it so I'd keep an eye on the price (the prices on Amazon do seem to fluctuate quite a bit sometimes). I actually had a £10 Amazon voucher to use so I thought this would be a useful thing to get.

What do you think? Do you have a favourite makeup/ brush bag for travel?

Em x